The popular chimichurri sauce recipe is a beloved steak sauce you will want to top over everything! Use this zesty chimichurri recipe as salad dressing, marinade, dip and sauce!
Chimichurri sauce is a sauce that has won the hearts of millions, especially during Valentine’s Day and grilling season when steak is on the menu. But guess, it doesn’t stop there!
This zesty chimichurri sauce is beyond amazing topped over flavorful roasted vegetables, used as a salad dressing, and even served as a dip or marinade for vegetables!
The fresh flavors will blow your mind and the simplicity to make this vegan sauce will have your culinary skills shining like a fancy chef!
One thing I hear over and over when chatting to friends about steak is “I wish I had a good chimichurri sauce recipe”… do you have one?
A few years ago I made this chimichurri sauce recipe over cauliflower rice using the Cuban Oregano leaves from her garden. It is pretty much the same recipe, but created with more oregano.
So what’s inside making this one of the sought after sauces for meats and vegetables?!
Herbs In A Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
Chimichurri is a blend of freshly chopped parsley, garlic, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. It comes in a green version, known as chimichurri verde, and a red version known as chimichurri rojo. For the red version tomatoes and red peppers are commonly added.
Delightful Mom Food’s version is zesty with an addition of lemon zest and juice, white vinegar, salt and pepper added with fresh parsley, cilantro and oregano. It is also blended in a blender which can be combined to a smooth texture or pulsed for a chopped version. This recipe also has the option for you to chop the ingredients rather then blend in a food processor.
Chopped or blended - I promise you guys, this chimichurri sauce recipe does not disappoint! So I really hope you make it!
How to use this Chimichurri recipe
- As a chimichurri marinade to soak vegetables and chicken in before cooking.
- Use it as a chimichurri dressing tossed into your favorite salad.
- Top over your favorite grilled steak or red meat and use as a side dipping sauce (if you are need for a good organic meat source, check out my Butcher Box review).
- Top over cooked Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies as a dipping sauce.
- Toss into this Buddha Bowls.
Ways to make chimichurri sauce
Two ways to make this sauce, chopped or created in the food processor. Authentic chimichurri sauce is chopped very fine and uses minced garlic.
Since time is of the essence and I usually do not have time to slave over chopping, I like to make this chimichurri sauce recipe in the food processor. You can pulse it to keep it chunky or puree it fine and smooth into a dressing.
This chimichurri recipe is beyond delicious you might just keep licking the spoon! I know I do every time I make it. Spread that beautiful green sauce all over steak or serve at your next barbecue as a dressing or dipping sauce!
More healthy sauce recipes you might enjoy:
Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
- Food Processor
- 4 cups parsley fresh
- 1 cup cilantro fresh
- ½ cup oregano fresh
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of about 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor. Blend a few seconds or pulse gently for a choppy texture or blend longer for a smoother texture.
- If you want a more authentic version, simply chop all the herbs very fine (not the stems). Combine in a bowl the chopped herbs, olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper. Whisk together to blend well.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Leave a Reply