Nutrient-packed green goddess dressing ready in 5 minutes! A zesty green dressing made with avocado, lemon, onion, basil and parsley that is fantastic on everything!
Have you tried homemade green goddess dressing yet? It is divine and tastes fantastic on just about any and everything! So much so that you will probably want to just eat the sauce with a spoon before it even hits your salad!
One of our favorite salad dressings at Trader Joe’s is their goddess dressing (which is a whitish color). Unfortunately most store-bought salad dressings, sauces and dips have added preservatives and ingredients that our bodies can definitely live without. To be quite honest, buying dressing is so much quicker when it is already made, but this dressing literally takes about 5 minutes and is made with 100% fresh ingredients and is packed full of vegetables like basil, parsley, chives, onion and garlic!
My sister and I chat A LOT about food and are always running ideas with each other. For her and her husband, they have been getting meals send to them with instructions and all the ingredients that you cook up. One of those meals happened to be a delicious salmon and quinoa recipe with green goddess dressing drizzled on top.
They were both raving about how delicious the recipe is and that the green goddess dressing is what was the icing on the cake – It just MADE the meal so flavorful!
Instead of copying the recipe (duh!) I found some green goddess dressing at Trader Joe’s and implemented the same ingredients with tests and teaks until the flavor matched! Nailed it!
And boy is this dressing recipe AWESOME! It’s got lemony zesty flavors that add just the right PUNCH with bold aromas of basil and parsley. This green goddess dressing is seriously SOOOO good on grilled chicken, tacos, shrimp, quinoa salads, as a dip and even spread on a sandwich. You could even throw a splash into this easy potato salad recipe for little extra pop of flavor!
How To Make Green Goddess Salad Dressing:
- Gather the freshest ingredients you can find! It is true, fresh is best and handfuls of basil and parsley with that PUNCH of lemon and apple cider vinegar really give the dressing vibrant colors and flavors.
- Lemon (and the zest)
- White and green onion
- Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado (this makes the dressing slightly creamy)
- Olive Oil
- Then blend the ingredients in the blender for about 30-45 seconds. For a thicker consistency like shown in the image (with chunks of green) blend a bit less until it looks how you like it. Store it in a glass jar in the refrigerator. The lemon and olive oil act as a natural preservative to keep the green goddess dressing vibrantly green!
Here’s my nerdy part where I like to always talk about how good the foods I make are for you! Since this dressing is packed full of leafy greens it nourishes your body is so many powerful ways!
Avocado and Olive Oil – excellent source of healthy fats and fiber to keep you full longer and provides beautiful skin.
Basil, Parsley, Chives – The dark leafy greens are full of calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin C and antioxidants. Both are also a natural source to help relieve bloating and acts as a natural diuretic (natural water pill/helps the increased production of urine).
Onions and Garlic – Contain anti-cancer properties and garlic aids to help fight colds.
Lemon and Apple Cider Vinegar – Are alkaline which helps to balance PH levels within the body. When a body is alkaline and not acidic foreign objects (too much yeast for example) and diseases can not survive and continue to grow in an alkaline environment.
So since this homemade green goddess dressing has amazing health benefits and healing properties without any preservatives, please join me in the kitchen!
- 1 Avocado
- 1 large handful of fresh parsley
- 1 large handful of fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives
- ¼ cup sweet yellow or white onion
- 2 stalks green onion (ends removed)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup water
- 1 lemon (about ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice)
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend for about 30-45 seconds until smooth. Or blend less time for a chunkier dressing.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 6 g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 289 mg||12 %|
|Potassium 116 mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3 g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||6 %|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 1 g||1 %|
|Vitamin A||3 %|
|Vitamin C||14 %|