Fresh corn tomato salad is revitalizing and simple to make with juicy tomatoes, sweet corn, jicama and a lively vinaigrette dressing that brings all the flavors together. It is a corn salad that is sure to be a summer staple item at the table!
Two things that screams summer are garden-fresh tomatoes and sweet corn! Marry those two next to crunchy jicama chunks and your mouth will be screaming for more! If you are not familiar with jicama, it is a large round root vegetable that adds delicious crunch in salads and salsa.
This corn tomato salad is one of the simplest yet mouthwatering summer salad recipes that takes as little as five to ten minutes to create. Faster if you have pre-sliced jicama available. It is a matter of chopping, mixing and tossing together!
Plus it has so many uses, is healthy and a great way to get loads of fiber into a daily diet. Check out the nutritional information in the printable recipe. This healthy salad recipe is a serious plant-based powerhouse for fiber, potassium and protein!
Related: Chickpea Corn Tomato Salad
Corn and Tomatoes
Growing up in New Jersey, our summers at the Jersey Shore always included fresh corn and tomato cucumber salad. My parent, siblings and grandparents would all gather around the picnic table, and it was no doubt that we all saved our corn-on-the-cobb for last, like dessert.
I can picture it like it was yesterday poking my corn-on-the-cobb holders into the ends. To me, it was my favorite part as a kid, the cute little handles exactly like these so the steam did not burn our tiny fingers!
If you have any corn left over, you can use that for this corn tomato salad, or use canned corn that has been drained and rinsed for convenience. Grilled corn shaved down would also make this a bit more epic! Gosh, anything grilled is just fabulous, ya feel me on that summer vibe?
And summer vibes call for carefree meals. I want to make your life simpler and dinners effortless. This salad is seriously a breeze. Salads with dinner are a must in our home if there is not another vegetable present at the table. But sometimes the same old salad gets boring.
Ours were starting get stale, so we brought back the summer favorite fresh corn tomato salad to vamp up the dinner table a bit! This salad can be used in various ways so you might want to pin it:-).
The Many Ways To Enjoy This Corn Tomato Salad
Not only is this salad fabulous alone and topped over fresh greens, you can also use it in many more ways.
- Served as a salsa over tacos
- Enjoyed as a dip with tortilla chips (try these healthy low-fat baked chips!)
- Toss and mix it into a salad with fresh greens, shaved carrots, and grilled chicken
- Add it to a fajita burrito bowl by swapping out the basil for cilantro
- Enjoy it as a salsa over fish (we love it served on this baked cod recipe after the fish is cooked)
- Serve it over grilled chicken
Corn is crunchy, sweet and juicy all in one bite, and served with sweet mini tomatoes makes for a beautiful salad topped on a few leafy greens.
Related: Cucumber Tomato Salad
I am always looking for a good new green salad recipe, how about you?
This corn tomato salad will make your life and dinner so much easier! Whenever I want a refreshing side salad, this corn salad is always one of our favorite go-to recipes. It just makes everything taste so good, adds the perfect amount of crunch and is incredibly healthy!
It is all about the dressing too. The dressing is what can make or break a salad. I actually tried making this with a dairy-free yogurt dressing and it just did not do it justice. This corn tomato salad screams in need for a salad dressing that is as lite and tantalizing as it’s core essence to encompass all the flavors into divine dish. This dressing is perfect for anytime you want a simple and lite vinaigrette!
Fresh Corn Tomato Salad
- 15 ounce can of corn drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces mixed tomatoes (or grape tomatoes) each sliced in half
- 1 cup jicama peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil fresh, chopped
- 1-2 cups arugula or spinach leaves
- In a small bowl combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the corn, halved tomatoes, jicama, scallions, and freshly chopped basil. Toss to mix then add the dressing and continue to mix to combine.
- To serve, add fresh arugula or spinach to two plates then serve the corn mixture on top. Garnish with fresh basil.