Grilled chicken spinach salad with an anti-inflammatory turmeric almond dressing! A healthy summer salad in 30 minutes!
Super charge your day with this easy grilled chicken spinach salad topped with strawberries, blueberries, almonds and avocado with anti-inflammatory turmeric almond salad dressing!
I just got back from a press trip to Portland, Oregon this past Saturday. Just in time to spend Mother’s Day with my babies. Have you ever been there?
It is one of the most beautiful greenest states I have ever been to! During my visit I stayed at the Duniway hotel downtown, dined at their delicious restaurant and spent a day wine tasting. I can not wait to share the whole trip with you all! The details will be in another blog post but getting away from home and traveling got me thinking…
It needs to happen WAY more often!
Sure I take care of myself. I eat well, exercise regularly 3-5 times a week and take care of hygiene maintenance. But I am a busy mom always nurturing and cooking for others.
Traveling allows me to be able to think clearly so that I can find myself again, my balance, my creativity, my optimism and my patience with others and my family. Or maybe that was the fresh smells in the Portland vineyards and new friends I made that revived my focus:-)
What I learn and am reminded when traveling:
- Taking time for yourself can heal your body and allows you to remember to love yourself and not be so hard on yourself. You don’t have the stresses of daily tasks weighing on you.
- Traveling opens your eyes to see others. Seeing what else is in the world takes the focus away from negative or selfish thoughts.
- It is ok to skip 4 days of exercise. Your body still loves you.
- Don’t diet. Enjoy as many delicious foods as your heart desires, within moderation (and allergy needs) of course:-)
It feels good to be back home with a fresh focus to achieve goals in each blessed day.
Now onto this recipe.
I enjoyed so much rich delicious heavy food on my trip that my gut was screaming for a good cleaning! Good thing I have this spinach salad that is packed with detoxing nutrients!
This grilled chicken spinach salad is the perfect remedy for adding rich amounts of super foods to the body. It is packed with phytonutrients from dark leafy greens of spinach, strawberries and blueberries. Phytonutrients are important to keep the cells growing strong and eliminate free radicals and toxins from the body.
Let’s not forget the dressing! Turmeric almond dressing is super simple to make and incredibly healthy as well. This one is a knock off from Trader Joe’s Turmeric Almond Dressing. Just puree all the dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth. It is packed with anti-inflammatory properties to reduce swelling as well as contains protein and cancer fighting properties! Not only is this turmeric almond dressing delicious on this grilled chicken spinach salad, but it can be used as a marinade for salmon and chicken!
- 8 chicken tenders
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ⅓ cup raw almond slivers
- ¼ cup green onion slices
- 1 radish, sliced
- ¾ cup almond slivers
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- ¾ cup water
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare the chicken by add salt and pepper to each side. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- When the grill is heated, spray grill grates with cooking oil.
- Place chicken on the grill and heat 4-5 minutes then flip and cook the other side. Cook until there is no longer any visible pink and the edges have slight white or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the grill and let it rest for 3 minutes to settle the flavors.
- While the chicken is resting make the dressing.
- In a food processor combined the soaked almond slivers, maple syrup, water, garlic, salt, lemon, lemon zest, turmeric and black pepper. Process on high until it becomes smooth.
- Make the salad:
- In a large bowl (or divided into 4 smaller serving plates) add the spinach. Top with strawberries, blueberries, chicken slices, avocado slices, green onions, almonds slivers and radishes. Drizzle desired amount of dressing.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 21 g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 70 mg||23 %|
|Sodium 300 mg||12 %|
|Potassium 290 mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27 g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11 g||42 %|
|Sugars 9 g|
|Protein 31 g||61 %|
|Vitamin A||62 %|
|Vitamin C||112 %|
Did you make this recipe? Please tag me on Instagram at @delightfulmomfood and hashtag #delightfulmomfood – I would love to see what you make!
More leafy green salads you might enjoy!
PIN This Chicken Spinach Salad Recipe!