We were just planning on heading to a friends party and the day got away with me. Among errands, laundry, grocery shopping, dishes and caring for the littles there needed to be some quick thinking happening here.
But I didn’t want to bring any processed food to the party and there will be enough unhealthy sweets going around to enjoy. So how about enjoying these HEALTHY sweets?
These healthy Halloween snacks can be prepared a day in advance. Peel the fruit and set aside. Then melt and drizzle rich chocolate on top starting from the core and down the sides. Place the pretzel sticks in the mandarins right before you are ready to take to the party or serve.
- 12 mandarins, peeled
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, melted
- 6 pretzel sticks, broken in half (gluten-free)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle chocolate over mandarins. Dip tips of pretzel sticks in chocolate and let cool on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Stuff each mandarin with pretzel stick for stems.