One-bowl perfectly sweet no bake cookie dough turned into satisfying sugar cookie truffles! Optional to skip the chocolate coating and turn these into (vegan) healthy sugar cookie dough balls!
There is something so satisfying about licking the spatula after mixing a big bowl of cookie dough right before baking. After the last bit of batter is dropped on the sheet pan it is race time to who gets to scrape the bowl! I remember as a child my mom baking and calling “who wants to lick the spoon?!” Suddenly what sounded like a herd of elephants trampled down the stairs into the kitchen (knocking each other over) to see who could get there first. My sweet mama wouldn’t only give just one of us that pleasure so she always split it among us. That was before the popular public awareness of food born illnesses from eating raw eggs. I have to say, being able to eat the batter is my favorite things about vegan recipes! Only one problem. It Cookie batter is like a bag of potato chips. Once you start it is hard to stop!
Here comes my confession. If you follow me on Instagram or Snapchat (daniellefahrenk) you might have seen my recipe blooper. I tried to make these awesome vegan gluten free cut out cookie, similar to my grain free vegan sugar cookies. But I used way too much tapioca flour and they were hard and crumbly when I removed them from the refrigerator. But the dough turned out to be the perfect consistency to roll into balls. After that they blossomed into truffles!
The only problem is this recipe needs a giant warning sign on it. Once you make the dough your gonna want to eat the entire batch! It takes big time will power not to roll a truffle, eat a truffle, roll a truffle, eat a truffle.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you! haha!
These sugar cookie truffles are mixed in one bowl and do not need any refrigerating time before rolling them into mini balls. Do melt the coconut oil so that it blends together evening with the flour and maple syrup.
These sugar cookie truffles are delicious coated in chocolate, or tossed in powdered sugar!
If you are vegan, use vegan white chocolate chips or leave off the chocolate completely.
One more confession before we get to the recipe…. I ate 3 of these just shooting the photos because they looked so good!
Doughy Sugar Cookie Truffles
- In a mixing bowl add maple syrup, vanilla and baking powder and whisk together. Add gluten free flour, tapioca flour, salt an melted coconut oil. Mix together until a dough forms. If the dough is soft to work with, put it in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes to slightly harden before rolling out.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 24 1-inch circles and place about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Freeze for about 15-30 minutes or until slightly frozen and hard. This helps it keep together before dipping into warm chocolate.
- Heat the white chocolate chips in the microwave for about 45 seconds-1 minute or until slightly melted. Mix until fully melted (or heat longer if needed).
- Drop each ball into the melted white chocolate one at a time and roll until coated using a fork. Use another fork to remove and set on the cookie sheet. Add sprinkles on top and let set to harden. Repeat with each cookie dough ball.
- Store in an airtight container.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 4 g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 3 g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 22 mg||1 %|
|Potassium 19 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12 g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||2 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 0 g||1 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|