Crockpot Creamy Taco Chicken Chili- This classic taco chicken chili is every family favorite recipe! Mostly using pantry ingredients, it is a cross between taco filling and nacho toppings with cream cheese that adds mild, sweet taste with a pleasant slight tang.
All the reasons to love this creamy taco chili recipe
Nothing says salty comfort food in the winter months better than a big bowl of chili. A packet of taco seasoning makes this super-flavorful and simple Mexican ingredients stands up to even the pickiest eaters. This is one family favorite meal - passed down from my mother to me - that doesn't disappoint!
It is bursting with a creamy rich blend of cream cheese and loaded with protein, fiber, vegetables, and lean shredded chicken breasts. It is just as simple and delicious as this slow cooker BBQ Shredded Chicken recipe.
Creamy Taco Chicken Chili Tip: For a healthier meal with less calories and fat, use light or whipped cream cheese which has less fat than regular cream cheese.
Easy Chili Ingredients
Just a few pantry items, chicken breast (we love our Butcherbox organic chicken), cream cheese, and your favorite toppings is all you need to make a creamy taco chicken chili recipe.
- white meat chicken breasts
- black beans
- diced tomatoes with green chili
- cream cheese - we prefer light or whipped to keep the dish low fat
- mild taco seasoning (or use spicy if you prefer)
How to make taco chicken chili with cream cheese
First add the chicken to a slow cooker or crock pot. Then top it with the remaining ingredients of drained and rinsed black beans, drained corn, tomatoes with chilis, drained olives, cream cheese, and a 28 grams packet of taco seasoning (which is 1 ounce net weight in case you are wondering how many grams in an ounce).
- Be sure to also check out our other similar chili and soup recipes:
- Chicken Chipotle Chili
- Turkey Chili With Sweet Potatoes
- Vegetarian Creamy Taco Chili
- Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
Set the crockpot on low or cook for 4-6 hours.
Once done, remove the chicken and shred it on a cutting board then return it back to the pot. Mix together the ingredients and serve.
Using a Crockpot or Instant Pot Slow Cooker
Both a crock pot or an Instant Pot can be used for this creamy taco chicken chili recipe. Simple set a crockpot on low and cook for 4-6 hours, checking after 4 hours as it will be done by then. To use an Instant Pot Multi-Use Pressure Cooker set the setting to "slow cooker" and it should automatically go for 5 and a half hours. Shoot for anywhere from 4-6 hours like a crockpot.
Creamy taco chicken chili is mouthwatering to serve warm in bowl and enjoyed with your favorite toppings such as avocado, extra cheese, jalapenos, and fresh cilantro! But you can also serve it over tortilla chips as nachos, or in a tortilla and turned into a burrito.
More recipes to enjoy
If you make this Creamy Crockpot Taco Chicken Chili recipe from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations and share it! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
Creamy Crockpot Taco Chicken Chili
- 2 chicken breasts
- 15 ounce can whole kernel corn drained, or use a frozen bag of frozen corn
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes with green chilis or 1 (15 ounce) can of diced tomatoes and a 4 ounce can of diced green chilis
- 3.8 ounce can sliced black olives drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese use light or light whipped for a low fat version
- 1 package mild taco mix I like to use low sodium
- optional toppings: small avocado chunks, cilantro, tortilla chips
- Place chicken in the bottom of crockpot or slow cooker (can also use an Instant Pot with a slow cooker setting). Top chicken with corn, diced tomatoes and green chili, rinsed black beans, olives, cream cheese, and taco mix.
- Cook in crockpot 4-6 hours (depending on your crockpot) on low. Stir occasionally. When done, remove chicken and shred with 2 forks.
- Return chicken to chili and serve with any optional toppings.
Like it? Pin it to Pinterest and save!
Leave a Reply