Extra fudgy coconut oil brownies! This is by far the BEST gluten-free brownie recipe with a rich chocolate center that melts in your mouth! These easy brownies take little time to whip up and are a crowd-pleaser every time!
Baking is a major obsession of mine, and even more so these past few weeks while my kids are home. We have been making these coconut oil brownies and sharing them with neighbors and everyone has been obsessing over them! They are moist, fudgy and have a melt-in-your mouth consistency.
They are gluten-free but if you have regular flour at home that will work too in equal quantities. They are also made with coconut sugar instead of processed ingredients, cause that is how we roll over here at Delightful Mom Food😊.
COCONUT OIL BROWNIES: INGREDIENTS
Eggs: These are super simple, and they use A LOT of eggs in the recipe. You will first whip the eggs with sugar using an electric mixer on high until they become light in color. This makes the brownies ultra-fudgy!
Coconut Sugar: because everyone needs a little sweetness in life😊. The sugar whipped with eggs makes this dessert also moist.
Coconut Oil: These chocolate brownies are dairy-free using melted coconut oil and dairy-free chocolate morsels.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Morsels: Gives a rich chocolate flavor. You can also use regular chocolate chips if dairy is not a concern.
Cocoa powder: provides more chocolate flavor and also acts as a flour to absorb moisture in baking so little flour is used.
Salt and vanilla extract: to bring out the flavor. Use one Tablespoon of vanilla. It may sound like a lot bit is isn’t – it makes the coconut oil brownies delicious!
Gluten-Free flour blend/mix: This is the substance of the batter. You can also use regular flour if gluten is not a dietary concern.
Tips for making fudgy brownies
- Whip the eggs on high with the sugar and vanilla for 10 minutes. Whipping the eggs with sugar for a long time is what makes these brownies ultra fudgy. When it is ready, the batter will turn very light in color.
- Bake the brownies in the upper third of the oven. Place the oven rack in the upper third of the oven in order to bake at the right heat consistency. Also make sure to only bake only for 25 minutes. Do not over-bake or it can dry out the brownies.
How to store this coconut oil brownie recipe
This chocolate brownie recipe is best served at room temperature. It makes the coconut oil not hard so your teeth sink into every bite! They store best in an airtight container on the counter for 3 days. Or in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days. To reheat the brownies, either leave out at room temperature for a couple of hours or heat in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
These are amazing and incredibly flavorful! Every time we make them we share them with friends and they are a hit! I hope you enjoy these coconut oil brownies as much as we do!
More fantastic gluten-free desserts
- Double Chocolate Vegan Ice Cream
- 3-Ingredients Brownies (Paleo)
- Mounds Bar Coconut Balls
- Gluten-Free Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Strawberry Granola Crumble
Coconut Oil Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place a rack in the upper third of the oven. Line a 9-by-9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium glass bowl, combine the chocolate chunks and oil. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, just until starting to melt. Stir to completely melt.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beet the eggs, sugar and vanilla until light in color and thick, about 10 minutes. On low speed, beat in the melted chocolate mixture. Slowly add the flour, cocoa powder and salt just until blended, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the edges are slightly cracked and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs, about 25 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then use the parchment paper to lift the brownie from the baking pan. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours before cutting.