Immune Boosting Recipes that help prevent and heal cold, flu and virus season. These are our natural homemade go-to must have recipes and items for when flu season hits or a virus and bacteria enters the home. Eat this to help strengthen the immune system.
There are those days when one child comes home from school with a virus or bacteria infection and the worst fear for a family is passing it to everyone. That means everyone gets a little piece of the action and no one wants to share that, no matter how giving you are. Can I get an Amen?
Let's take action to keeping our bodies and environment naturally strong with these immune boosting recipes that assist to enhance the immune system, decrease free radicals in the body and help us to be our best selves each and every day!
What happens when the immunity is down?
One of the big things I notice with my kids when they get a cold or virus is their sinuses act up and major fatigue sets in. Asthma is also a big side effect of colds and sickness. It is inflammation of the lungs that needs an anti-inflammatory [source]. Anti-inflammatory ingredients include turmeric, ginger and cinnamon help the immunity and heal the body. If the inflammation or virus turns into bacteria it needs an anti-bacterial solution, which can be found in coconut oil, garlic and onion [source]. So bring on the coconut, onions and garlic when sick!
I remember as a kid having my mom tie garlic to my nightgown with a safety pin to help decrease fevers. Today when I get sick I take one garlic clove mashed and mixed with 1 tablespoon of apple sauce. Choke it down in one gulp to get those antioxidants in the body. Try it if you can, because I promise it truly helps.
And also these easy gluten-free immune boosting recipes and supplements can help with overall health and immunity boosting so lets implement them year-round.
Immune Boosting Recipes
- Homemade Elderberry Syrup – drink this at least 4-6 times a day when you feel a bit low. Order dried elderberry berries here if you can not leave the home.
- Probiotic: My husband and I recently launched our line of healthy supplements, Delightful Mom Health and this post is a great time to share! Our Probiotic40 is a custom formulation of Probiotics; ‘good’ bacteria and Prebiotics; food for your good bacteria to maximize your gut health, also known as your gut microbiota. Click here to learn more and review about of fast shipments. Gut microbiota is made up of trillions of bacteria, fungi, and other microbes that play an important role in your health by helping control digestion and benefiting your immune system and many other aspects of health. Many health problems including stomach irritation, weight-gain, sleep problems, low-energy, food intolerance and even autoimmune conditions can originate when your gut health is unbalanced. Our Probiotic40 is packed with multiple strands of good bacteria that will help restore your microbiota and optimize your digestive health, immune function, and give you the ability to lose weight and many other benefits!
- Wellness Shot for Immunity Healthy – Vitamin C is a big immunity booster. Drinking this concentrated fresh + cleansing wellness shot made of metabolism boosting cayenne pepper, lemon, ginger, maintain C (emergency packets) and apple improves digestion, skin, fights colds and flu and aids to reduce inflammation! It is a quick and easy immunity blast to jump-start the body for optimal health! Drink once a day or 2-3 times a week!
Detoxing Immune Boosting Beverage Recipes
- Detox Water Recipes – Drink Immune boosting recipes every day. They cleanse the body and help rid the liver of toxins.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
- Detox Beet Juice
- Green Detox Juice
- Green Machine Juice
- Cleansing Matcha Green Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- Green Smoothie Recipe
- Cranberry Smoothie Bowls
- Strawberry Banana Superfood Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Indian Coconut Curry Chicken Rice Soup
- Anti-Inflammatory Coconut Rice Bowl
- Healing Slow Cooker Rice Soup With Vegetables
- Turmeric and Honey Golden Milk Overnight Oats
- Cabbage Soup
- Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
Friends, enjoy these recipes, stay healthy and let me know if you have questions! I am wishing everyone a healthy well-being. And last, strive to consume garlic each day. It is a great Italian remedy for inflammation and natural antibacterial.