Cranberry Smoothie Bowl– Cranberries blended with zesty fresh orange juice and sweet berries makes this smoothie bowl a winning sweet morning treat! Enjoy it topped with a favorite granola or fresh fruit, chia seeds, toasted coconut and almond slivers for a bit of crunch!
This post is sponsored by Cape Cod Select. All words and content are in my words and expressed and written by me.
Cranberries are one of the most amazing superfruits and you are going to L.O.V.E. them in this smoothie bowl! It is packed with rich red and blue frozen fruits and blended with fresh orange juice that compliments tangy cranberries so well.
Savory tangy cranberries have become pretty popular around Thanksgiving and Christmas, right? They are usually used in chutneys, turned into cranberry sauce, added to stuffing, cranberry nut bread and cranberry cocktail drinks. How about turning cranberries into a morning routine and enjoying them all year round!
I have always thought of cranberries as a tricky fruit to use, except during the holidays. They are bitter and tangy and normally not a fruit I think of to eat as a snack. They are delicious turned into dried cranberries tossed in salads or roasted with vegetables as they are fruit that compliments and brings out the best in other ingredients! Recently, I have started to play with and share a few more recipes like these chocolate chunk cranberry bars and more decadent ways to enjoy this healthy “super food”.
A superfood that has incredible health benefits!
Health Benefits of Cranberries
Cranberries have amazing health benefits. Half a cup of cranberries has 25 calories and they are a powerhouse full of antioxidants! They are rich in vitamins A, vitamin C, vitamin K and contain proanthocyanins which is an antioxidant known to help prevent many diseases.
If you have ever had a bladder or kidney infection you might recall being told to have cranberry extract or cranberry juice to help cure symptoms. Cranberries are an excellent antioxidant and hydrate the body and flush out bacteria before it hits the bladder, therefore preventing it from attaching to the urinary tract walls. This beautiful vibrant red fruit also helps to aid with stomach issues and blood disorders. Cranberry juice is so watered down it does not have the same effect so try consuming wholesome rich cranberries in a condensed form.
How to make a cranberry smoothie bowl
Gather Smoothie Ingredients:
- Frozen cranberries
- Frozen mixed berries: such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
- Banana (gives this smoothie a smooth flavor)
- Ice cubes (adds depth and makes it more frozen)
- Fresh orange juice and orange zest – this is the key to a delicious cranberry smoothie bowl!
Add the frozen cranberries, frozen mixed berries, ice, fresh banana, fresh orange juice, orange zest and water to a blender. Blend until smooth (may need to add a bit more water if it is hard to blend). That is it!!!! Super easy-peasy! The flavors are beyond pleasurable that you may need to make this throughout the day- breakfast, snacks or right before dinner and freeze a bit to enjoy as dessert!
Then top your cranberry smoothie bowl with toasted coconut, almond slivers, chia seeds, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and mint leaves!
Smoothie flavors vary and I hope you enjoy this cranberry berry smoothie bowl version! It can also be turned into a cranberry smoothie by adding a tad more liquid while blending.
If you like this smoothie bowl recipe you may also like:
- Cleansing Matcha Smoothie Bowl
- Dragonfruit Strawberry Chia Pudding Smoothie
- Acai Bowls
- Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl by Two Peas and Their Pod
- Raspberry Peach Mango Smoothie Bowl by Eating Well
Cranberry Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups Frozen Cape Cod Select Cranberries
- 1 cup frozen berries mix plus some for garnish
- 1 banana
- 1 cup orange juice fresh squeezed, no added sugar or squeeze your own fresh oranges:-!)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- 1/4 cup water plus more if needed
- 2 Tablespoons toasted coconut chips or flakes
- 2 Tablespoons toasted almond slivers
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- mint leaves
- In a blender add the frozen cranberries, frozen berries, banana, orange juice, orange zest, ice and 1/4 cup of water. Blend to combine, adding more water if needed.
- Top with fresh toasted coconut chips, almond slivers, fruit, chia seeds and mint.