Supercharge mornings healthy and energized with this acai bowl recipe! Acai bowls are a superfood packed with antioxidants and omega vitamins that tastes like dessert!
Dessert for breakfast – yes please! This healthy acai bowl recipe is delicious, sweet, vegan, plant-based and provides sustainable energy that lasts for hours! Double the recipe for a double dose of goodness!
Is An Acai Bowl Healthy
Acai bowls happen to be one of the best superfood breakfast recipes to eat. Acai fruit provides greater energy and stamina, improves digestion and sleep, is high in protein, fiber and omega content, boosts your immune system and is made of essential amino acids to help the body thrive!
This smoothie bowl is one of my favorite healthy breakfast choices right up there with chia seed pudding, matcha smoothie bowl, and a matcha berry smoothie. All of them contain superfoods and fruit that aids to eliminate free radicals from the body and prevent cancer.
Super Food Acai Bowl Recipe
I've gotta tell you, this is the best acai bowl recipe and tastes just like our favorite Berry Bowl recipe from local smoothie joints. It is absolutely delicious and simple to make!
Acai bowls have been an obsession of mine ever since being pregnant with my first born. When I was pregnant acai bowls with fresh granola, berries and banana and a drizzle of honey on top is all I wanted to eat. I was getting a berry bowl close to everyday. And at $6-$10 a pop it was time to make them at home with just a few simple ingredients!
Whats In An Acai Bowl
This acai bowl recipe incorporates a blend of plant-based ingredients, starting with acai packets. You can learn about the benefits of the acai berry here.
Here is what you'll need to get started:
- Frozen acai puree packets, which are easy to find at grocery stores and Costco carries a large bag of them (in the frozen section). You can also use acai powers but I prefer the ratio of frozen ingredients in this recipe using the frozen packs.
- Apple juice
Acai Bowl Toppings
Play with your favorite toppings but here is a round-up of my favorites:
- Berries such as fresh blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries (strawberries are my fav!) and dried goji berries
- Fresh fruit such as pomegranates, kiwi, banana slices
- Seeds like chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
- Bee pollen and honey drizzle (skip if vegan😊)
- Coconut flakes
- Nuts such as almonds, cashews, walnuts and pecans
When Chase was about 9 months old and just starting to eat solids is when I really starting making this acai bowl recipe for him. I blend together an acai packet, spinach, berries, banana, apple juice and sometimes a dash of coconut milk. All of which is excellent for baby's brain development. Even now when my boys are on their “not eating fruits and vegetables” kick we make smoothie bowls as a quick fix. And they think its a treat!
The best blend for acai bowls is the Vitamix. I am a huge fan as I used to use a NutriBullet and other blenders but the Vitamix allows you to really make smoothie bowls thick and smooth and… ice-cream like!
Ways to use this acai bowl recipe
You can turn this into a smoothie by adding a bit more juice to make it thinner. You can also then turn the smoothie into popsicles by pouring the puree into a popsicle maker and freezing them for a healthy snack!
My mouth is watering just thinking about and listing the gorgeous possibilities of making this healthy acai bowl recipe! Feel free to be creative with your toppings. Enjoy!
Pin this Acai Recipe
Acai Bowl Recipe
- 2 acai frozen smoothie packs
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1 cup strawberries frozen
- 1 banana frozen (chopped then frozen)
- 1/2-3/4 cup apple juice or a splash more if needed
- In a blender or food processor blend all ingredients until smooth. STart with 1/2 cup apple juice and add more if needed to blend. It should be blended very thick in consistency. Pour in a bowl and top with fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, chia seeds and hemp seeds.