Hi friends! I am so glad you are here today because I have an incredibly easy chia seed pudding recipe to share.
My husband and I have been really into reading a lot lately. One book he is currently engaged in is Born To Run by Christopher McDougall. It basically goes over how our bodies are made to run, but not on man-made surfaces such as concrete. And chia seeds trace back to the Tarahumara & Aztec Indians as their “running food” since it gave them endurance and strength. Chia seeds are high in fiber and packed with proteins, vitamins and minerals such as Omega-3. So go ahead and add this energy food to EVERYTHING! It can be sprinkled over smoothies or oatmeal, added to baked goods and turned it many variations of scrumptious pudding.
So how to make easy chia seed pudding? Start with a base: chia seeds and your favorite milk such as cashew milk, coconut milk, or almond milk. Cashew milk so far has been my favorite! It is super creamy and naturally sweet. Then add maple syrup or honey. Let it soak for about 3 hours or overnight so it is ready for breakfast. It may need to be stirred and mixed up about an hour after it is combined, so just give it a good shake or mix. When your pudding is ready top it off with your favorite fruit and some unsweetened coconut flakes for added texture. And WHALA! A magically delicious and creamy breakfast or dessert recipe at a healthy – low cost price!
- 1 cup of vanilla flavored cashew milk, coconut milk, or almond milk
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
- coconut flakes and fruit for garnish
- In a small bowl add or mason jar with a lid add the milk, chia seeds and maple syrup or honey. Mix well in a bowl or add a lid to the mason jar and give it a good shake to mix.
- Set in refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight. Seeds may stick together from the sugar so mix it up really well or if it is in a mason jar give it a good shake frequently to mix it up.Top with fresh fruit and coconut flakes.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission.