Heavenly date bars that are deliciously good for you! A decadent raw bar rich in natural sweetness from Medjool dates!
These easy raw chia date bars take as little as 10 minutes to make! They are chewy, soft, crunchy and make the perfect superfood energy pick-me-up after a workout or first thing in the morning! Plus perfect for a Paleo, vegan and gluten-free lifestyle:-)
Raise your hand if you like bars! I’m not talking about a drinking bar, I’m talking about a healthy, chewy treat that actually does the body good! If these date bars could talk, they would say please enjoy me every single day! These bars are so chewy and delicious, especially for when you have a major sweet tooth craving! It is a bar with so many satisfactory levels in texture and sweetness without refined sugars!
Word on the street is that dates are incredibly healthy! They have a natural high sugar content so you probably don’t want more than a few per day. Dates natural sugar is perfect for sweetening up baked goods, homemade granola bars, and turned into sweet dips and spreads.
Health Benefits Of Dates
Dates are a wonderful source of fiber and aid in digestion. They relieve constipation, heart problems, anemia, intestinal disorders, abdominal cancer, strengthens bones, prevents night blindness and relieves hangovers and intoxication (so if you’ve hit up one too many “bars” these “bars” are for you!)!!! Dates also help with allergies, maintains the nervous system, boosts energy and so much more!
Dates contain iron, sulfur, manganese, copper, calcium, phosphorus and potassium which are all essential to maintaining good health. They also contain vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A, and vitamin K.
How To Make Date Bars
Date bars are one of our favorite knock-offs of delicious Lara Bars. It takes a few natural plant based vegan ingredients tossed in the food processor and Ta-Da! Easy bars to snack on ready in minutes! Here are the details:
- First add the nuts, chia seeds and dates into the food processor. Then add extra flavoring of vanilla, cinnamon and unrefined coconut oil. Unrefined coconut oil adds a slight naturally sweet coconut flavor as to using refined coconut oil which has no flavor.
- This is the fun part! Blend the ingredients on high for about 1-2 minutes. I like to make the nuts pretty smooth so there is less crunch for my kids. Make it how you like!
- Dump the mixture onto a square baking pan lined with wax paper. It may not stick together at this point but once you touch it it will form a dough ball easily. Form a ball to get everything to stick together then press it down evenly to fill the square. It will be pretty thin. You can also form the date bars into thicker bars using a smaller pan or doubling the recipe.
This date bar recipe can also be turned into energy balls by simply rolling the dough into 1 inch balls! We love to make it both ways and Big C loves his with a sprinkle of pyramid salt on top.
Let me know when you make it by tagging me on Instagram @delightfulmomfood with a hashtag #delightfulmomfood. I love to see what you are doing in your kitchen!
- 23 dates, pitted
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ⅔ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon unrefined coconut oil
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- pyramid salt (optional)
- Prepare a square baking dish by putting wax paper or parchment paper over it.
- In a food processor add the pitted dates, cashews, almonds, chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, coconut oil and a pinch of salt.
- Process on high for 1-2 minutes or until the nuts are pretty small. You can make this with larger nuts by blending on less time or smaller creamier nuts and consistency by blending longer.
- Pour the "dough" mixture in the prepared baking pan. Press down with your hands to spread the date nut mixture out evenly. The mixture will be thin, or use half the pan for thicker bars.
- Chill to set before slicing. Optional to garnish with pyramid salt. Store in the refrigerator.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 6 g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 10 mg||0 %|
|Potassium 264 mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31 g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5 g||22 %|
|Sugars 24 g|
|Protein 4 g||7 %|
|Vitamin A||1 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
More Healthy, Gluten-Free, No-Bake Homemade Bars You Might Like: