No-bake vegan homemade granola bars! A chewy healthy granola bars recipe that takes only a few minutes to make and tastes like an oatmeal cookie! The perfect snack or breakfast for on-the-go moments.
Around our home we always love a homemade bowl of warm granola, oatmeal and homemade granola bars for breakfast. Occasionally, Chase prefers to eat plain oats straight from the glass jar they are stored in. It doesn't matter to him if they are quick cook oats or steel cut oats. Oats are oats and they just taste good… even dry and plain. I beg to differ.
I prefer them bathed in a bit of honey or sweetened with fresh fruit. Are you an oat fan?
Often I find people that don't like oatmeal -mostly from an older generation than myself. A generation when you had to butter them up to make them taste good. Steel cut oats are another category. I don't use them for cooking and once in a while use them for oatmeal recipes. That version of the cereal grain is too… well, grainy for these oatmeal bars, in my opinion:-).
WHY THIS GRANOLA BAR RECIPE WORKS
These healthy no-bake granola bars are good for the heart, body, and digestive system – Oats are the main ingredient in this delicious chewy homemade granola bars recipe making it packed with fiber and good for the heart.
These healthy bars are super quick and easy to make -They are similar to my healthy no bake breakfast bars, only those taste like a chocolate chip cookie and these taste like an oatmeal cookie.
Full of flavorful fall spices – Aromas and the taste of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg and vanilla are simply delicious together and include ingredients that reduce inflammation.
Low sugar and no preservatives – making homemade granola bars allows you to control the ingredients without preservatives. No need for extra sugar and salt.
Saves money – it costs less to make homemade granola bars rather than store-bought.
WHAT INGREDIENTS GO INTO THESE HOMEMADE GLUTEN-FREE GRANOLA BARS
Oats – Oats are so nutritional, they help lower cholesterol and are high in iron. You could even crush or blend oats to make oat flour. Feel free to do that in this recipe by using equal amounts (1 cup of oat flour in place of 1 cup of gluten free flour). You can pretty much play with most of the ingredients to fit dietary needs. Maple syrup is used to sweeten these chewy granola bars but you can also use honey. The bulk of the bars is from gluten-free quick cook oats and gluten-free flour. Chia seeds are added for omega brain-boosting healthy nutrients and spices and flavors of cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and vanilla extract. Add white chocolate chips or vegan chocolate melted and drizzled on top and it is optional to add raisins inside the dough.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
In a bowl add the gluten-free oats (make sure they are certified gluten-free), gluten-free flour, nut butter, chia seeds, maple syrup, water, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and (optional to add raisins) into a bowl. Mix well to form a dough. Then roll it in-between two pieces of parchment paper or was paper. Melt the chocolate and drizzle on top. Chill and then slice into 16-8 slices.
These healthy chewy homemade granola bars are easy to carry for packed lunches, hiking, or other outdoor activities. We love them for breakfast, and snacks at the park or I give to the boys as their starch and protein for lunch with a side of fruit and vegetables!
If you make this easy healthy chewy homemade granola bars recipe from DelightfulMomFood I would love to see your creations! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
Homemade Granola Bars Recipe (Chewy + No-Bake)
- 3 cups quick cook oats gluten-free
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup nut butter such as almond butter, peanut butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon water
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or vegan white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
- Place all ingredients in a bowl except white chocolate chips and mix. May need to knead with your hands until the oats are fully absorbed with all ingredients.
- On a baking pan, place parchment paper on it and place your "dough" on the paper. Add another sheet of parchment paper over top. With a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a square shape until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat the white chocolate chips in the microwave for about 10 seconds until melted. Stir to fully melt them and pour the melted chocolate into a Zip-lock baggie.
- Remove the bars from the fridge and pull off the top sheet of parchment paper. Slice the bottom corner of the bag about 1/8" and drizzle the melted chocolate over your bars. Refrigerate 20 minutes to let the chocolate harden before slicing.
- Slice the bars into about 8 servings. Store in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 1 week.