Do you stroll through the grocery store aisles and all your kids want to eat are granola bars and cereal bars? And not just one. They could eat just that all day long (me too!). We love to make no bake protein balls and energy bites, so I decided to try my version of the famous “CLIFF” bars that are fabulous for kids. But this version can be made vegan, you control the 8 ingredients and it takes about 5 minutes to whip up (along with sitting in the refrigerator a bit to harden).
Promise you will want to eat the whole pan as soon as they are ready. They taste like cookie dough and I think for our next birthday celebration it would be fun to make this in a pie dish as the dessert! On busy school mornings this is what we grab-to-go for breakfast. No Bake Breakfast Bars are also a great way to add healthy carbs into kids lunchboxes.
- 1 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1½ cups of quick cook oats (gluten free)
- ½ cup Gluten Free Flour
- ⅓ cup of honey or maple syrup (if Vegan)
- ½ cup Almond Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Juice (2 if needed)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix. May need to knead with your hands until oats are fully absorbed with all ingredients. Add 1 Tablespoon of Apple Juice if needed.
- On a baking pan, place parchment paper on it and place your "dough" on the paper. Add another sheet of parchment paper over top. Roll out dough into a square shape until about ¼ inch thick.
- Pull up top sheet of parchment paper and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Cover with parchment paper and lightly roll so chocolate chips sink into the dough. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes or more.
- Remove pan from refrigerator and slice into about 8 servings. Store in parchment paper placed in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about week.
No Bake Breakfast Bars Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 Recipe total Servings 9
Calories 276 Total Fat 9.53 g Saturated Fat 1.81g Monosaturated Fat 5.45g Polysaturated Fat 2.27g Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g Fiber 5.1 g Sugar 13.5 g Protein 8.3 g Cholesterol 1.07 mg Calcium 85 mg Iron 2.02 mg Potassium 249 mg Sodium 6 mg Zinc 1.7 mg Thiamin 0.22 mg Riboflavin 0.19 mg Niacin 0.87 mg Vitamin B6 0.05 mg Vitamin C 0.8 mg Vitamin B12 0.04 Ug Vitamin A 11 IU Vitamin E 3.37 mg Vitamin K 0.3 Ug Points 6 Points Plus 7
*The nutritional values are determined by the total ingredients divided by the number of servings for each recipe. Serving sizes may vary. The formula used here for points was obtained from public sources and is an empirical match to Weight Watchers calculators, but it is not an “official” Weight Watcher’s calculator.