Yay- my husband is home for the entire weekend! Which means I can get things done like blogging, photographing food and catching up on the unfolded laundry that has taken over the baby’s crib! I should come to terms that it is time to move Curren from our room to his own room. At 4 months he is ready, but I like having a place to “hide” the clean clothes I don’t I have time to put away.
Chase and I made these high fiber and protein no bake bites last week and – YUM!!! This is the third batch, which I am finally able to photograph before they get eaten. These make a great snack, breakfast or lunch and they are packed with healthy fiber, protein and sweetened naturally with honey. I made them with both peanut butter and almond butter, so you can use any nut butter you prefer. If you like a more dry compact texture, add 1/4 cup more oats to the recipe below.
- 1 ¼ cup of quick cook oats (gluten-free)
- 1 cup golden flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup of honey
- ½ cup of almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup of mini chocolate chips (vegan for dairy-free)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set in refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Roll into balls and set on a plate lined with parchment paper. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.