No-baking required for these chocolate chip cookie dough energy balls! Simply melt, mix, chill and roll the little energy bites into the most flavorful guilt-free treats! Made with natural whole grain ingredients!
Chocolate chip cookies are like crack! Not that I have ever tried crack. I say that because you for sure can not just have one energy bite and and you keep coming back for more! These chocolate chip cookie dough oatmeal energy balls are addicting!
When you wake up in the morning are you the person yearning to head straight for the kitchen for breakfast? Or do you prefer to get ready and eat about an hour after you wake up? My hubby loves breakfast later in the morning and the little’s and I like to crawl out of bed and directly to food at the same time our legs touch the ground from our beds.
I just like food. A lot.
First I start with pressing “go or start” on the coffee maker. No one can chat with me until then. The morning then proceeds to food for two hangry little boys. These energy balls are one of my favorites because I usually make them the night before. That way all the savory flavors of coconut and oatmeal and sugary maple syrup form into one mouth-watering ball soaked in chocolate chips. Do you feel me friends?
This way when my hangry children awake, I can give them an oatmeal energy ball and they are totally satisfied! For me I like to bring a few to the gym and enjoy them after a workout to refuel my body and mind.
To top it off there is flax seed meal in these. Flax seeds, when ground, excrete powerful vitamins and mineral:
3 Tablespoon serving of flaxseeds in these energy balls contains:
- Fiber 8g
- Protein 6g
- Vitamin B1, B6
We like to incorporate flax meal into oatmeal, muffins, smoothies and no bake energy balls.
Again, mix all the fiber-rich wholesome ingredients together. There no nuts either so if you have a food allergy these are the perfect nut free energy bites to find! Melt, mix, chill, roll into balls and chill for a few before eating!
- ½ cup quick cook oats (gluten-free)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 4 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 Tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (vegan)
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds in a medium size bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix to form a dough. Let it cool slightly then add the chocolate chips (cooling prevents the chocolate chips from melting). Chill for about 5 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and set on the parchment paper. Chill to harden for about 15 minutes and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 3 g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||12 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 30 mg||1 %|
|Potassium 29 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||4 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 1 g||1 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|