Easy no bake treats made with rich chocolate, peanut butter, gooey marshmallow and fiber-rich oats. Tastes like a cookie and are naturally gluten-free, vegan and dairy-free. It’s a delicious quick dessert or snack treat ready in less than 30 minutes!
If you love chocolate and peanut butter these no bake treats will become a new favorite healthy sweet!
Today I am taking roasted marshmallows up a notch with these marshmallow chocolate treats! They are utterly divine with rich chocolatey flavor melted with gooey marshmallows and peanut butter. Healthy enough to enjoy as a breakfast, snack and dessert!
I sent the hubby to work with one this morning and he shared a piece of his marshmallow bar with his cousin, Kevin. Later this morning I received a text saying, “Kevin: best thing I’ve ever had!” followed by “I want to place an order!” Guess that means I am making another batch of these quick easy desserts for the office on Monday?.
There has been a big batch of marshmallows hanging out in our pantry and I am constantly telling the kids no, we’ll save it for something special. That special day happened and thanks to my little marshmallow-loving children this recipe was developed. The other night I was taking dinner over to friends and always like to include a sweet treat with meals. I was running out of time to bake anything and needed to come up with a no bake dessert. I made the first batch without marshmallows (still scrumptious) and so easy to put together and pop in the freezer while the rice finished cooking. Later that evening my 3-year-old said we should add marshmallows to these! I think he was trying to find “something special” to use them for?. So, we added then to the recipe and that made our no bake chocolate treats even MORE delicious!
How To Make These Easy Marshmallow No Bake Treats
Gather the ingredients: gluten-free quick cook oats, vegan chocolate chunks or chocolate chips, 10 ounce bag of natural marshmallows, coconut sugar, brown sugar, Monk fruit sugar or Xylitol, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, organic peanut butter.
Add everything to a microwavable bowl except the quick cook oats. Microwave for about 1 minute then mix the ingredients together until well blended and the chocolate chunks are melted. Once everything is blended add the quick cook oats and stir until fully coated. Scoop the batter into a silicon muffin pan and pat the tops down to flatten with a spatula. Set in the refrigerator to harden or place in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden before serving (if serving right away).
Can Almond Butter be used Instead of Peanut Butter?
Yes, if you have a nut allergy or prefer another nut butter alternative you can substitute equal amounts for the peanut butter. Other options are to use almond butter, cashew butter, and sunflower seed butter.
What Is The Best Chocolate To Use?
You can use whatever chocolate chips or chocolate chunks you want, if it is equal to 1 cup. White chocolate chips can be used to turn these into white no bake treats. Semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips can be used. To stay with dairy-free and vegan I like to use these Enjoy Life Mega Dairy-Free Chocolate Chunks. They taste delicious and melt well.
These no bake treats taste like a cookie yet are easily molded in a silicone muffin pan and are super easy to make, especially last minute. TWELVE GIANT satisfying peanut butter chocolaty treats with gooey marshmallows inside?!
More easy no bake desserts:
- Fudgy Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
- No-Bake Quinoa, Pumpkin Peanut and Oat Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Chewy 5-Minute No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Energy Balls
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Treats
- In a large bowl add coconut sugar (or Monk fruit sugar or Xylitol), coconut oil, organic peanut butter, pink Himalayan salt, vanilla, cinnamon, chocolate chunks and marshmallows. Microwave for about 1 minute then mix the ingredients together until well blended and the chocolate chunks are melted. Once everything is blended add the quick cook oats and stir until fully coated.
- Scoop the batter into a silicon muffin pan and pat the tops with a spatula to flatten the tops of each muffin cup.
- Set in the refrigerator to harden for about 1 hour or more or place in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden before serving (if serving right away). Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.