Energizing gluten-free almond butter bars made with chia seeds and orange marmalade jam for a chewy, cake-like, delicious healthy snack! These bars are always a hit with the kids!
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Healthy energizing snack – These almond butter bars combines fantastic ingredients that are incredibly healthy, energizing, and nutrient dense. Almonds, almond butter, olive oil, and chia seeds. All of which are packed with good healthy fats and fiber that can help aid in weight loss, boost brain function and support the cardiovascular system.
- Easy and quick grab-and-go snack – Having these almond butter bars on hand makes life easier. After a long day these are great to grab as a healthy afternoon snack for the kiddos. And they are not messy like some cereal or granola bars.
- Gluten-free and dairy-free snack – these are made with gluten-free flour and without dairy, yet still are incredibly moist and do not crumble. The secret is adding orange marmalade (or use any jam) which makes these slightly chewy and soft in texture without the addition of gluten.
WHAT GOES INTO THIS RECIPE
Here is what you need to get started making and baking almond butter bars: eggs, almond butter, extra virgin olive oil, raw almond slivers, coconut sugar, chia seeds, orange marmalade jam (this makes these bomb!- promise!), gluten-free flour mix, vanilla extract, and pink Himalayan salt.
HOW TO MAKE THESE SNACK BARS
STEP 1. In a large mixing bowl add the wet ingredients and sugar.
STEP 2. Using a spatula mix well, breaking up as much of the almond butter as you can to form a smooth liquidy batter.
STEP 3. Add the dry ingredients.
STEP 4. Mix the batter to look like this.
STEP 5. Have a 9 x 9 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper and pour the batter into the pan, spreading it evenly.
STEP 6. Bake the almond butter bars for 20 minutes until lightly golden. Let them cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then lift the parchment paper up to transfer to a cooling rack. When the bars are cooled, slice them into 16 squares.
FAQS AND EXPERT TIPS
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition study write it so well. “Incorporating limited portions of almonds — an energy-dense food — into a behavioral weight-loss program still resulted in significant weight reduction.”
Not only are almonds full of protein, fiber, minerals, vitamins and healthy fats, when consumed in moderation, they also provide protective effects against diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular diseases which you learn more here.
Almond butter is made from nuts finely ground to form into a spreadable substance. Almond paste is different as that is thicker and has sugar added. Do not substitute almond paste for almond butter.
After making these almond butter bars, there will be left over almond butter. Use leftovers to spread on bread, fresh fruit, for these 3-Ingredient Brownies, or as a salad dressing.
These bars are soft and cake-like, with a brownie consistency. They do not need to be refrigerated. Simply store in a sealed airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days (for best moisture and taste eat within 1-2 days). They can also be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed airtight container for up to 5 days.
I like to use either Justin's brand, Costco brand, or Trader Joe's. Use dry roasted and salted, which is what I used for testing.
These easy bars have both the healthy fats from almond butter and chia seeds. Have you yet added chia seeds into your diet? Well if not, this is as great a time as any. They are packed with 6g of Fiber, 2.9g Omega 3, and 3g Protein in every 1 tablespoon serving. I try to add this powerhouse food over yogurt, oatmeal, salads, in smoothies, and homemade cookies and bars!
- Almond Flour Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Brownies
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
- Low Fat Jam Filled Butter Cookies
- Healthy No-Bake Breakfast Bars
- Chocolate Chunk Cranberry Bars
- Gluten-Free Lemon Bars
- Chia Date Bars
- Chewy Homemade Granola Bars
- Strawberry Granola Crumble Bars
- Chia and Hemp Seed Superfood Oatmeal
If you make these Almond Butter Bars from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
Almond Butter Bars
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper (for easy removal).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, olive oil, almond butter, jam, sugar and vanilla together. Add the gluten-free flour, chia seeds, almond slivers and salt and blend till everything is combined to form the batter.
- Spread the mixture evenly throughout the entire pan. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden. Let them cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then lift the parchment paper up to transfer to a cooling rack. When the bars are cooled, slice them into 16 squares.
This almond butter bar recipe has be updated with new content and pictures.