These chewy Gluten Free Almond Butter Cookies are a popular alternative treat for anyone with a peanut allergy. For an extra special treat, drizzle melted chocolate over the tops of the cookies!
Alright guys I am really excited about sharing this Gluten Free Almond Butter Cookies recipe with you!!! I was going to wait until tomorrow to share but they are out of this world fabulous and I couldn’t wait in case you want to make them this week. The best part is my kids love them, they have no refined sugars, not much butter and are filled with healthy fats from nut butter. It is a great snack to take to sports games or as an after school snacks and caters to individuals with nut allergies.
I have been making batches of these Gluten Free Almond Butter Cookies everyday. One batch for school, another batch for our Thursday night dinner guest, another for Friday Happy Hour with friends and another for Big C’s Soccer game Saturday. Every time the entire batch was devoured. At Friday happy hour one of my favorite little 1 year old friend was climbing on the picnic table repeatedly grabbing cookie after cookie! Hysterical to see him scream feigning for more… and knowing it’s ok, these are so healthy!
Luckily I was able to capture pictures after the third batch to be able to share with you. Tag me if you make them at #DelightfulMomFood !
- ¼ cup ghee (type of butter)
- ¾ cup almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons Stevia powder (low glycemic sugar)
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups gluten-free flour
- Beat ghee and almond butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add honey, Stevia, baking soda and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of the bowl. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in the flour. On parchment paper roll dough into a long log. Wrap in plastic wrap or parchment paper and chill dough for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice dough into ¼ inch strips and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. If needed shape with hands to be a circular form. Flatten by making crisscross marks with the tines of a fork.
Gluten Free Almond Butter Cookies Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 Recipe total Servings 36
Calories 62 Total Fat 3.75 g Saturated Fat 1.07g Monosaturated Fat 2.08g Polysaturated Fat 0.6g Total Carbohydrate 5 g Fiber 0.5 g Sugar 2.2 g Protein 1.5 g Cholesterol 9.18 mg Calcium 22 mg Iron 0.22 mg Potassium 50 mg Sodium 20 mg Zinc 0.2 mg Riboflavin 0.06 mg Niacin 0.17 mg Vitamin B6 0.01 mg Vitamin B12 0.02 Ug Vitamin A 48 IU Vitamin E 1.3 mg Vitamin K 0.1 Ug Points 1 Points Plus 2
*The nutritional values are determined by the total ingredients divided by the number of servings for each recipe. Serving sizes may vary. The formula used here for points was obtained from public sources and is an empirical match to Weight Watchers calculators, but it is not an “official” Weight Watcher’s calculator.
Read more at http://myrecipemagic.com/recipe/recipedetail/gluten-free-almond-butter-cookies#SrwqULxZJY5WjeiV.99