Must-make super healthy gluten-free almond butter cookies! With a chewy soft center and heavenly flavor, they are truly the tastiest!
These Gluten Free Almond Butter Cookies sweetened with maple syrup are a must! What a perfect dessert alternative for anyone with a gluten and peanut allergy just like these Sunbutter Cookies!
Why this almond butter cookie recipe works
+ Dairy-free, nut-free, gluten-free cookies! If you are striving for a cookie that contains no nuts, dairy or gluten then this cookie is your magic ticket. The recipe has been perfected to be still delicious without the use of dairy or gluten. If you bake often with gluten-free ingredients, diary is what helps to keep baked goods moist. But there is another ingredients that keeps them mouthwatering good…
+ Free of processed sugars! As most homemade cookies are made with brown sugar and white sugar, these almond butter cookies are beautifully made with one sugar- maple syrup. Maple syrup acts as a “glue” to hold in the moisture.
+ No long fridge time and super easy! These gluten-free almond butter cookies are tasty treat that can be ready at a moments notice. Most chocolate chip cookies call for refrigeration 30 minutes to 1 hour to help the flavors unfold. These may need a quick pop in the freezer for a few minutes if the almond butter needs hardening, but that is it!
What ingredients go into this recipe
- Dry ingredients: gluten-free flour blend, baking soda, baking powder, salt
- Wet ingredients: almond butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract
How to make this recipe
STEP 1: In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
STEP 2: If the almond butter is hard, microwave it for about 20 seconds to soften. If not you are ready to go! In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients which is the almond butter, maple syrup, egg and vanilla extract.
STEP 3: Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until it forms a dough ball. If you heated the almond butter first, making it hard to manage then place it in freezer for about 5 minutes before scooping into balls.
STEP 4: Scoop the almond butter cookie dough with a cookie scoop into 1-inch balls, and set them on a parchment lined baking pan 2 inches apart.
Then with the back of a fork press the raw dough down and form a crisscross pattern on the top.
STEP 5: Bake for about 8 minutes then let the almond butter cookies cool for 5 minutes on the sheet pan before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack to cool.
Faqs and Expert Tips
Yes you can easily swap out the almond butter for peanut butter in equal amounts, or also try our super simple and healthy peanut butter cookies that are made without eggs.
Nut butters when used in baking adds moisture and natural oils to baked goods. Any nut butter such as peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, and sunflower seed butter adds flavor also and works best in cookies, bars, brownies, and muffins.
How to store cookies
Store your gluten free almond butter cookies in an airtight container on the counter for three days, or in the refrigerator for 5 days. You can warm them slightly in the microwave for 5-10 seconds before eating for the best consistency.
More of our best gluten-free cookie recipes
If you make this gluten free almond butter cookie recipe from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations and share it! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don’t forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
Gluten-Free Almond Butter Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. *Only if not liquidy and easy to mix* heat the almond butter in a microwave safe bowl for about 20 seconds to soften, otherwise move to step 2.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a smaller bowl whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix it to form a dough ball. If the ball is still warm from heating add it to the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop the almond butter cookie dough with a cookie scoop into 1-inch balls, and set them on the prepared baking pan 2 inches apart.Then with the back of a fork press the raw dough down and form a crisscross pattern on the top.
- Bake for about 8 minutes then let cool for 5 minutes on the sheet pan before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack to cool.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container on the counter for three days, or in the refrigerator for 5 days. You can warm them slightly in the microwave for 5-10 seconds before eating for the best consistency.