Chewy healthy peanut butter cookies that are secretly vegan and gluten free with a flourless option! So healthy with only 5 simple ingredients and made without butter yet packed with nutritious flavor! You’ll even want to eat all the dough before it gets to the oven!
Holy-moly these cookies are AMAZING! No joke you are going to want to eat these beauties all day long…even before they make it to the oven! So maybe we can say theres no a no baking option if you want to eat it before cooking!
My husband just looked at these photos and told me, “Wow, these really are delicious!”
And they are! These healthy peanut butter cookies will blow your mind and can be turned into so many delicious cookies! There is no butter or eggs and they are made with only 5 simple healthy ingredients and I have already turned them into thumbprint cookies (peanut butter and jelly cookies anyone?!) and healthy peanut blossoms!
I really love a healthy gluten-free cookie! Can you tell?
In fact when I tried this recipe out the other night, my entire family was huge fans! I ended up making them twice that night and another batch the next day to have enough for photos! Some turned into healthy peanut butter cookies stuffed with chocolate morsels that were begging to be used from the pantry.
After I made them I had to skip dinner because I ate so much of the raw cookie dough on the second round that my belly was happily full. Then I had a few more for breakfast the next morning. I think I have a slight peanut butter craving going on. Aside from a peanut butter fetish, I will admit I literally live off healthy cookies and homemade bread each morning these days. But whose counting. It’s an easy breakfast for me as I’m getting lunches together for the day and baked goods go so delicious with fresh coffee!
Is it sad or positive that my kids request these healthy peanut butter cookies for breakfast and then I say yes? After all it has less sugar and ingredients than most cereals at the store… so why not?!
Here’s the scoop, all you need is organic peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon apple sauce and a thickener such as coconut flour, cassava flour or gluten free flour. I used homemade cinnamon apple sauce leftover from Thanksgiving and boy did this make these cookies AMAZING!
Believe me, these are going to be your new favorite best Christmas cookies! They are made with all natural healthy vegan ingredients and raw cookie dough is the best! I like to keep these slightly under-cooked because a soft chew cookie is my favorite but if you prefer crunchier just bake these for about 5 minutes longer or until the edges start to brown.
- 1 cup peanut butter (preferably organic)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon apple sauce
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free flour (or coconut flour, cassava flour, tapioca flour for flourless)
- Preheat the oven 325 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and apple sauce. Mix to combine (it will thicken as you mix) then add the flour and mix completely. Round into 12 round balls and place the cookie dough rounds on the baking pan 2 inches apart. With a fork press down to form lines on the tops of the cookies and to flatten. Bake for 14 minutes and let cool for about 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
* Making in warm temperatures could make the dough sticky. If that happens, put the dough in the fridge to harden for about 15 minutes before rolling into balls.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 11 g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 95 mg||4 %|
|Potassium 30 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16 g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||6 %|
|Sugars 11 g|
|Protein 5 g||10 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|