Coconut breakfast bars made with gluten free oats, unsweetened coconut flakes and low glycemic coconut sugar! So sweet, chewy and delicious you will be begging for these every single morning!
These Coconut Granola Bars have moved to my list of favorites. Along with many more no bake breakfast granola bars and muffin cup granola bars. Coconut Granola Bars were first made last year and I have no idea why I have never yet to share them with you! And it hit me… busy weeks fully call for simple luxuries and pleasures in life and this is one pleasure to be enjoyed over any weekend. After all, you deserve a healthy indulgence!
Adding hemp seeds to the tops give homemade granola bars extra nutritional value and crunch. Go wild and sprinkle that glory*** all over your batch before baking!
- 2 cups rolled oats gluten-free
- 3/4 cup packed coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons Hemp Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, coconut flakes, cinnamon, flour, nuts and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the maple syrup, egg, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix well using a spoon or your hands. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle Hemp Seeds evenly on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting (or they will be to hard to cut).