Fall is a beautiful time of year but also a time when colds are more commonly spread. Especially as school starts. The boys have been fighting a cold for about a week so I made a huge batch of colorful Rainbow Chicken Noodle Soup. I froze half of it in small zip lock baggies so anytime another cold comes up, we have homemade soup ready to thaw and heat in single serving quantities. Definitely saves money and time and then your not tired of having the same soup everyday (although I wouldn't mind- they usually taste better the next day!). For maximum flavor, always use fresh organic local produce if you have accessible. Our soups are always made with rice pasta instead of regular pasta noddles. Not only does it make Rainbow Chicken Noodle Soup a gluten free meal but the rice noodles thicken the soup giving it a creamy consistency.
It can also be made in a slow cooker. Place broth, chicken, vegetables andseasonings in a slow cooker (crockpot) and and simmer 4-6 hours on low. An hour before you are ready to eat add the Fusilli rice pasta noodles.
Rainbow Chicken Noodle SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 1 32 oz. box of organic free range chicken broth
- 4 cups of filtered water
- 2 chicken breasts uncooked
- 1 small yellow pepper diced
- 1 small red pepper diced
- 1 cup sweet onion diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 2 ribs of celery chopped finely (ribs are each stick on a stalk)
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley chopped
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Fusilli Pasta noodles
- 1 radish sliced for garnish
- Place all ingredients except noodles in a large pot. Cover and boil (to cook chicken) for about 20 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium and break chicken apart into pieces using a long wooden spoon or spatula. If the chicken needs longer, give it another 5 minutes before rechecking.
- Add noodles, cover and cook on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or as directed on the noodle package. Turn of the burner and let set for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh radish slices and colorful peppers.