Top 10 BEST detox teas to drink and a recipe for homemade detox tea. Contains dandelion, milk thistle (liver support), lemon and a priority blend to support the body's natural detoxification process.
WHY DETOX TEAS ARE SO GREAT
The human body is naturally designed to detox itself and flush out toxins as outside free radicals that leak in, environmental air quality, poor eating and drinking habits cause havoc on the body. These outside factors all play a part as to how efficiently the body is able to naturally detox. Luckily there are certain foods we can eat and drink to support and detoxify the body. Most detox teas are formulated to support optimal liver function and protection which helps reduce bloating, stimulate the liver, and digestion which can also promote weight loss.
This detox lineup consists of the best detox teas that can easily be purchased online. You can also make a homemade detox tea recipe so scroll below to see the printable recipe.
10 BEST TEAS TO DETOX
These teas don't break the budget and they get the job done!
- ORGANIC LIVER DETOX TEA – Made with the addition of Matcha green tea, milk thistle, spirulina (a superfood for detoxing), coconut water, spirulina, ginger, and cinnamon. It is non GMO and vegan.
- YOGI DETOX TEA – Loaded with Ayurvedic herbs.
- RAW ORGANIC DANDELION ROOT TEA – Raw tea leaves are best to consume as the process helps preserve the enzymes and nutrients in the plant.
- GAIA HERBS – CLEANSE AND DETOX HERBAL TEA – Has the addition of artichoke, aloe vera, anise and fennel for extra support in digestion.
- SKINNY BOOST 28 DAY DETOX TEA KIT – Comes with both morning tea and evening teas to drink.
- TOTAL TEA – SLIMMING TEA FOR A GENTLE CLEANSING
- LIFESTYLE AWARENESS – DANDY LIVER DETOX – Supports healthy liver function with dandelion and milk thistle seed.
- SLIMMING YOU DETOX TEA FOR WEIGHT LOSS AND BELLY FAT – Morning and night cleanse tea bags with all natural herbs.
- TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS – EVERYDAY DETOX TEA – Has a pleasant berry flavor that is delicious to serve chilled.
- TRIPLE LEAF DETOX TEA – A basic blend that won't cost an arm and a leg! 🙂
And now a recipe that you can make at home!
WHAT INGREDIENTS GO INTO THIS NATURAL TEA DETOX RECIPE
The largest cleansing organ in the body is the liver and this homemade detox tea recipe is packed with the most efficient fighting power to refresh, infuse, and uplift you! Here is what is inside this easy homemade body cleanse, and all of these tea ingredients can be purchased online or at specialty grocery stores in the bulk section (where you scoop out teas).
- dandelion root – wonderful to cleanse the liver
- milk thistle seed – also well known for aiding in a liver cleanse
- lemon peel – is alkaline and balances out pH levels in the body
- lemongrass leaf – reduces inflammation
- peppermint leaf (or green mint leaf) – supports digestion
- ginger root – supports and stimulates digestion
- licorice root – also known as sweet root adds a sweet flavor and is known to reduce stress and reduce inflammation
- rose hip fruit – helps to normalize blood sugar levels and supports the kidney and bowels
HOW TO MAKE THIS HOMEMADE RECIPE
In a small bowl combine the dandelion root, milk thistle seed, lemon peel, lemongrass leaf, peppermint leaf, ginger root, and licorice root. Divide into 16- 1 teaspoon servings and place each teaspoon full in a tea filter bag or a metal filter for loose leaf teas and add rose hip fruit (1 piece per bag). Close the bags.
HOW LONG TO STEEP THE TEA BAGS
Steep 1 tea bag for 5 minutes in boiling water. Discard the used tea bag and enjoy.
HOW OFTEN TO DRINK
Drinking tea warm is faster absorbed than if the beverage is consumed cold, but you can enjoy any of these detox teas over ice or steeped. Drink anywhere from 1 to 3 times per day. Drinking any of these teas or this homemade recipe will help you drink more water, stay hydrated, achieve clearer skin, have more energy and hopefully help shed a few pounds along the way!
LOOSE LEAF TEA STORAGE
This detoxing tea recipe can be made in bulk or make each tea bag as you are ready to use. Store the extra detox tea mixture in a sealed airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 2 months.
If you make this homemade detox tea recipe from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations and share it! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER and tag me to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
Homemade Detox Tea Recipe
- Tea Filter Bags
Make The Tea
- In a small bowl combine the dandelion root, milk thistle seed, lemon peel, lemongrass leaf, peppermint leaf, ginger root, and licorice root. Divide into 16- 1 teaspoon servings and place each teaspoon full in a tea filter bag and add rose hip fruit (1 piece per bag). Close the bags.
Steep The Tea
- Steep 1 tea bag for 5 minutes in boiling water. Discard the used tea bag and enjoy.
- These tea filter bags work great and have a string to hold the tea leaves contained.
- These herbs and leaves can be found at most specialty stores in bulk containers that you can get small quantities out of. Of they can be purchased in large amounts online. This recipe can be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled for more servings. Store extra detox tea in a sealed air tight container in a cool dry place for up to 2 months.