Easy Marinara Sauce Loaded With Vegetables
Easy marinara sauce recipe loaded with red and green peppers, onions, celery and carrots is where its at! The perfect Italian pasta sauce to add to pizza, zoodles, noodles or for dipping when looking to get more vegetables in your diet!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 15-ounce can organic stewed or diced tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons organic tomato paste
- 1/2 small yellow onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon celery finely diced (optional addition)
- 2 Tablespoons carrots finely diced (optional addition)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano dry
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped finely
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
In a sauce pot add all of the ingredients and cook on medium-high until the edges start to boil. Turn the heat down to a low-medium simmer. Heat for about 20-30 minutes until it reaches your desired thickness and the vegetables are cooked. After 20 minutes, mash the sauce with a meat masher or potato masher to break up the chunks (or pulse in a blender for about 5 seconds).
Optional to add 1-2 Tablespoon olive oil.