We are always trying new recipes and one of my husbands favorite recipes is Beef Stroganoff. Only I don’t eat beef so this has never been made. But to his request I tried it without beef with the same flavors as if there was meat in it. I did use beef broth, but you can substitute that for chicken or vegetable broth if you prefer to omit any beef from this recipe. The mushrooms and onion give it a hearty consistency and flavor.
Instead of making it giant plate of egg noodles (which does add protein), I decided to try out my new Veggeti zucchini pasta maker. This is so easy to make noodles out of anything and fun for kids to play with long strings of vegetables!
There are two ways that we tried this. One, with the zucchini noodles raw. Just plate the raw zucchini, top with egg noodles, then add your creamy mushroom sauce. Or Second, throw in the zucchini noodles into your simmering sauce for about 3 minutes before serving.
Beefless Stroganoff With Zucchini Pasta NoodlesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Tbsp. gluten free flour
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms sliced
- 10-12 oz. of beef broth chicken broth or vegetable broth or combine any of them.
- 8 oz. milk I used whole or coconut milk
- 1 cup of sour cream 0% Greek Yogurt OR 4 oz. cream cheese (I liked all variations)
- 1 tsp. beef seasoning mix
- 3 zucchini's made into pasta strands; chop up leftover ends for mushroom sauce
- 2 cups of favorite noodles
- Prepare zucchini noodles and cook regular noodles. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil, onion slices, mushrooms, and any extra chopped zucchini ends that would not turn into pasta.
- Saute for a few minutes until the onion starts to turn transparent in color. Turn your burner down to low. Sprinkle with flour & beef seasoning mix.
- Add broth and milk. Stir until warm. Add sour cream OR Greek yogurt OR cream cheese right before you are ready to serve and stirring until melted and mixed in.
- Plate raw zucchini and add noodles then top with mushroom broth mixture.