Hi friends! Today I would like to welcome Sophie Addison as a contributing writer of this post! Sophie is a popular blogger and skincare expert! Today she shares 8 Delicious Super Foods That Reduce Inflammation. What better way to get that glowing skin than from the foods we eat and love so dearly! Here are the secret tips on what we need to be eating to reduce joint pain, stiffness and arthritis… the best anti inflammatory diet!
More and more people nowadays get diagnosed with what they seemed to be known as – the diseases of the 21st century. In this group, we would like to mention diabetes, arthritis, inflammatory bowel movement disease, erectile dysfunction, asthma and hypertension as the most common diseases among people nowadays. What do you think this means? It means that clearly come lifestyle changes are needed to prevent these and many other diseases. Although, for most of these diseases luckily there is a cure, for others there is not. And even if there is a cure, you should not depend on your treatment alone. What you need to do is make some changes on your own. And you can start with your diet! A diet eating foods that reduce inflammation. We dedicate this article to the power of a healthy diet to fight inflammation, especially the inflammation caused by arthritis. But first, let’s review what arthritis is!
What is arthritis and what causes it?
Although arthritis is a common disease among people, it seems that a lot of the details about it are not yet well understood. What is known is that arthritis is a term that refers to joint pain, stiffness, swelling and decreased joint movement among other symptoms. What makes it more difficult is the fact that arthritis is not a single disease – instead of this is a group that contains over 100 types of arthritis. What makes it even scarier is the fact that over 50 million adults in the world suffer from arthritis each year. The tricky part about arthritis is that its cause is unknown. There are a lot of factors that have their role in the development of arthritis, which makes it even more difficult to prevent it. And how can we prevent something that we do not know its cause? What you can offer you is a chance for a joint pain relief and an easier life, but you have to do your part yourself as well.
What are the symptoms of arthritis?
The three most common symptoms of any arthritis are – joint pain, stiffness, and swelling. You may also experience decreased range of joint movement and a noticeable redness of the skin around the joint. Most people experience these symptoms in the morning and notice how they seem to fade away through the day. Other symptoms like loss of appetite, exhaustion, nausea, etc. might be present as well.
Which 8 superfoods are the best natural anti inflammatory foods to eat?
There are a lot of home remedies for arthritis that you can use along with the treatment plan determined by your doctor. One way to relief your symptoms is through foods that reduce inflammation. A recent study published in the Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics showed that a diet filled with high amounts of zinc, iron, folate, Vitamin B, calcium, n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, etc. helps by decreasing the symptoms caused by rheumatoid arthritis. It is clear that if you have arthritis you should tend to include more sources of the mentioned nutrients in your diet. Here are 8 examples that earn their place on your shopping list!
- Olive oil – Perfect source of omega 3 fatty acids, which is why you should get rid of any vegetable oil and start cooking using olive oil. Add olive oil to your salads and meals and feel as the inflammation is leaving your joints! Just make sure to always use olive oil on low heat or no heat.
- Garlic – Garlic has been showed to decrease the swelling of the joints. If you cannot stand the taste of it afterward, a few leaves of mint should do the trick. However, tend to use it fresh as much as you can instead of cooking it.
- Celery – Celery has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which is why you should use it more in your cooking if you what to relief your inflammation. Not only will it reduce your inflammation, but by improving your blood pressure and cholesterol levels, it will improve the quality of your life altogether.
- Broccoli – Containing vitamins, carotenoids, and flavonoids, a study published confirmed that broccoli has high enough antioxidant levels that it should be used in a diet against inflammation as it successfully will reduce the present inflammation.
- Blueberries – Since blueberries contain a famous flavonoid known as quercetin, which has been proven to fight strong inflammation even cancer, they should be used more often through your day!
- Walnuts – It is hard to find a walnut without anti-inflammatory abilities! Whether you decide to include walnuts as a part of your salad, meal or as a snack, you will feel the beneficial effects of the walnuts either way!
- Cherries – Like blueberries, cherries also have their anti-inflammatory compounds since they contain a strong phytonutrient known asanthocyanin.
- Kale – Not only will it help your liver to detox your body more efficiently since it makes your liver go through two cycles of detoxing and removing the toxins which cause the inflammation of your joints.
These 8 foods that reduce inflammation should be eaten regularly and are delicious to use in smoothies and in salads.
The stiffness, swelling and decreased the range of motion to your joints caused by any arthritis can decrease the quality of your life. Although the number of people diagnosed with this disease is so high, the researchers are still unclear what causes this disease and how to treat it. It is a fact that although you will receive your treatment, this disease with its symptoms will stay a part of your life forever. But you should not fall into despair since there are a lot of things that you can do on your own. Let the beneficial effects of omega 3 and other antioxidant food products help you on the way. All you have to do is make the change!
Sophie Addison is a popular blogger and skincare expert. She is very passionate about writing on skincare and beauty. She is an active contributor of many health and lifestyle blogs including glozine lifestyle. She has posted articles on tips for fine lines and wrinkles, best eye creams, weight loss and fitness news. Apart from work she likes gardening and listening music. You can also contact her on Facebook, and Pinterest.