This mouth-watering Roasted Cauliflower and Cranberry with Sage Butter and Black Truffle Oil is slowly roasted to bring out nutty wholesome flavors then drizzled with balsamic reduction dressing.
I will admit, I do not eat cauliflower very often, but after my mother-in-law was in a serious car accident, I became a fan. I wanted to bring her a meal that would help in her healing process with foods to help with reduce inflammation. Ta-da - this happened as a result.
Sage and butter is so fragrant together. Toss roasted cauliflower and cranberries with black truffle oil or (used fresh black truffle tossed in after roasting) and you have quite a party! The Balsamic Reduction dressing is just frosting on the cake.
Roasted Cauliflower and Cranberry with Sage Butter and Black Truffle Oil
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into pieces
- 1 cup cranberries fresh
- 1 tablespoon sage fresh, chopped
- 6 sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter unsalted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon black truffle oil or fresh truffle, shaved and tossed in after roasting
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put 2 cups of balsamic vinegar in a skillet. Simmer on low for about 30-40 minutes until it becomes thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place cauliflower and cranberries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of truffle oil over both cauliflower and cranberries. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and roast for an additional 10 minutes or until slightly browned.
- While vegetables are roasting, make your sage butter. In another skillet heat 1 tablespoon butter on low and add sage leaves only. Mix for about 5 minutes on low until sage becomes fragrant, and to slightly brown the butter.
- When your vegetables are finished roasting, put them in a large bowl to combine. Pour sage butter over the vegetables including the leaves (we will remove the leaves soon, but this adds flavor). Mix gently.
- Remove and discard the whole sage leaves. Now add 1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage leaves and stir to combine. Garnish with fresh Parmesan. Serve the roasted cauliflower and cranberries warm and with the balsamic reduction drizzled on top..