This mouth-watering Roasted Cauliflower and Cranberry with Sage Butter and Black Truffle Oil is slowly roasted to bring out nutty wholesome flavors then drizzled with balsamic reduction dressing.
I will admit, I do not eat cauliflower very often, but after my mother-in-law was in a serious car accident, I became a fan. I wanted to bring her a meal that would help in her healing process, and so I researched foods to help with reducing inflammation. Ta-da – this happened as a result.
Sage and butter go so fragrantly together. Toss roasted cauliflower and cranberries with black truffle oil and you have quite a party! The Balsamic Reduction dressing is just frosting on the cake.
- 1 head of Cauliflower cut into pieces
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1 tbsp fresh sage chopped
- 6 sage leaves
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Black Truffle Oil
- 2 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put 2 cups of balsamic vinegar in a skillet. Simmer on low for about 30-40 minutes until it becomes thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place cauliflower and cranberries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of truffle oil over both cauliflower and cranberries. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and roast for an additional 10 minutes or until slightly browned.
- While vegetables are roasting, make your sage butter. In another skillet heat 1 tbsp butter on low and add sage leaves only. Mix for about 5 minutes on low until sage becomes fragrant, and to slightly brown the butter.
- When your vegetables are finished roasting, put them in a large bowl to combine. Pour sage butter over the vegetables including the leaves (we will remove the leaves soon, but this adds flavor). Mix gently.
- Remove and discard the whole sage leaves. Now add 1 tbsp freshly chopped sage leaves and stir to combine. Garnish with fresh Parmesan. Serve the roasted cauliflower and cranberries warm and with the balsamic reduction drizzled on top..