Twice a month Big C and I like to go to Classic Organic to visit and feed the goats, llamas, pigs and gather fresh produce. The vegetables from this farm are exquisite in taste and texture which sparks my creative juices to make something new!
When my sister was visiting recently, we made this shallot and raspberry infused dressing for a bacon and iceberg lettuce salad. After gathering fresh Italian sweet peppers, heirloom tomatoes, shallots and cilantro from the farm, it was time for another fabulous rainbow salad!
For protein I added garbanzo beans and goat cheese. I eyeballed the ratio of ingredients, so add more or less as desired.
- 4 cups Leaf Lettuce chopped
- 2 heirloom tomatoes sliced in half from top to bottom then into quarters
- 1 cup garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1 green Italian sweet pepper sliced
- 1 red Italian sweet pepper sliced
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped finely
- 1/4 cup shallots diced finely
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Raspberry Infused Balsamic Vinegar
- Make the dressing: Combine the dressing ingredients and put in the fridge for about 2-3 hours to allow the flavors to combine before using.
- Arrange the salad ingredients onto two plates, top with desired amount of dressing.
- * Don't forget to add the shallots in your salad that are in the dressing!