Warm and delicious banana oat pancakes smothered in thick maple syrup and made in a blender. A quick and healthy flourless pancake recipe with heart-healthy ingredients.
This post is sponsored by Vitamix and all opinions and words are expressed and written by me.
Mother's Day is one of my favorite holidays. Afterall, we would not be here if it were not for mothers! Mom's are the greatest gift and to this day my mom is still my best friend. I don't know what I would do without her. Not only did she raise me to be a strong and kind person, she taught me to have patience, be determined, never quit and to love myself and others. I call her all the time and she always reminds me of these traits to live by. Those loving characteristics are what I strive to pass down to my children and hope they pass down to theirs. It all starts with mom.
Anyone else a huge fan of breakfast in bed:-)?!
I will never forget my first Mother's Day. I just had a baby and all I want to do was have the "mom" day off! So my husband and my 8 month old surprised me with avocado tomato eggs and freshly brewed coffee in bed! My bedroom at the time had an ocean view so it was the most beautiful calming morning full of gratitude. Plus I had the whole day off from dishes, cooking, care-taking and the laundry. Everyone deserves that every once in a while:-)
So how about treating mom to something special this Mother's Day like breakfast in bed with these flourless banana oat pancakes!
This year I highly recommend these blender banana oat pancakes as a delicious gift for mom (husbands I hope you are reading this!)! These pancakes are so simple to make, take little as 8 ingredients and are super healthy! The kids can easily get involved by putting everything in the blender and pressing the start button to watch a tornado of ingredients turn into banana batter. Serve them to mom and package the extra in a gift basket with a few gifting essentials from the family.
Here is what I came up with for a gift basket for Mother's Day:
- Extra pancakes wrapped pretty so mom does not have to cook the next morning for everyone - they are ready to heat and serve.
- Moms favorite wine, champagne, tea or coffee drink.
- A fun new smoothie cup just for MOM!
- Crafts and cards from the kids.
- Vitamix blender!
I have to admit I have never had a Vitamix until now. I see what the big hype about them is all about! They are A . W . E . S . O . M . E! In fact my 6 year old used to not like smoothies until he tried one in this blender. Weird, I know. Who does not like a smoothie, they taste like fruity ice cream!
A while back while we were at my sister-in-laws house she made him a smoothie in her Vitamix and he loved it!!!!! The reason is that he is a big picky eater based off texture. That is good for me because he really helps me with this blog. If it does not pass his taste 100% I usually do not put it on the blog. The reason he loved the smoothie so much is that the Vitamix blended all the ingredients so smooth that there were no funny textures. If you have a picky eater like mine, this blender will change your world!
Tips for making Blender Banana Oat Pancakes
- First I grind the oats into a super fine flour. I like to grind them for about 45 seconds to 1 minute in the Vitamix to make sure I get a fluffier flourless pancake.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender. It is hard to mess up this recipe but do adjust the water so the pancake batter is not too thick.
- If while the batter is sitting it gets thick, just add a dash more water if needed.
Health Benefits of Bananas and Oats
Sorry mom, I am going to talk about you again. My mom is the hardest person to get to eat oatmeal:-) So I love delicious heart-healthy meals like this that hide healthy ingredients that people normally do not like. Oats are packed with fiber to aid in pushing cholesterol through the body and for healthy digestion. Bananas are packed with potassium and help to reduce inflammation and swelling in the body.
Along with the nutrition of oats and bananas these pancakes also have peanut butter powder or you can use vanilla protein powder (if avoiding nuts) in them for extra protein. These pancakes are also incredible delicious topped with this raspberry sauce.
What a great gift for mom! Check out new Vitamix blenders by clicking here.
More pancakes recipes
- Gluten-Free Pancake Recipe
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Butternut Squash Pancakes
- Paleo Pancake Recipe
Banana Oat Blender Pancakes
- 2 cups rolled oats or quick cook oats gluten-free
- 4 eggs
- 2 large bananas
- ½ cup peanut butter powder or vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup or cassava syrup
- ½ cup filtered water plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- In a blender add 2 cups of oats. Blend for about 45 seconds to 1 minute or until the oats become a fine flour. Add the eggs, banana, peanut butter powder or vanilla protein powder, syrup, ½ cup water, vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Blend until smooth. If the batter seems thick at all add a dash more water and mix.
- Heat a large nonstick pan on the stove on medium heat. Pour 3-4 inch rounds of the batter onto the pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until the edges start to cook and bubble. Flip and cook about 1 more minute. If the pancakes start to brown too much turn the heat down slightly.
- Serve topped with fresh fruit and maple syrup.
Pin These Healthy Banana Oat Pancakes Recipe
Leave a Reply