Forget about cholesterol and indulge for a moment. I have had an incredible sweet tooth lately which is normally not the case. Both my boys are super big chocolate lovers and every gal needs a taste of the good stuff every now and then. We just bought Glutino brand Gluten Free Chocolate Vanilla Creme cookies which are incredibly delicious! I decided to add a new desert to our dinner menu by coating the cookies in melted milk chocolate.
I pretty much like any reason for a party, and there is something very stunning about a desert table that has a theme put together. Invite friends over for dessert and make it an international chocolate theme with chocolate covered cookies, chocolate licorice, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate mousse, and tiramisu. Serve it on pretty pink platters surrounded with bowls of perfectly mounded whipped cream.
This is such a simple desert to create and pretty up with edible pearl dust. Melt chocolate on the stove top on low heat, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Once melted turn off the heat and continue to stir. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and drop a dab of melted chocolate in the center. Then add your cookie squishing it down into place to fill the sides with chocolate. Add another tablespoon of melted chocolate to the top to coat. Set in refrigerator to harden the chocolate.
- 6 chocolate and creme cookies (or oreo cookies)
- 8-12 oz. milk chocolate chips
- edible pearl dust (optional)
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. In a small saucepan, heat on low heat chocolate chips and continue to stir until melted or microwave on low 30 seconds until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of melted chocolate to each cupcake liner. Place cookie in center and squish down so chocolate covers up the sides of the cookie.
- Add more melted chocolate to the top and using a spoon make sure it connects on the sides to fully cover the cookie.
- Place muffin pan in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or until chocolate has hardened. Store in a cool place.