Meal planning Week 2 of healthy gluten-free lunch ideas for school! Five gluten-free cold lunch ideas to make your week easier!
Here we are week 2 of healthy gluten-free lunch ideas for kids! I have rounded up another five fantastic lunch ideas to make your week easier with a shopping list at the end of this post.
Gluten Free Lunch Ideas For School – WEEK 2
- Main: Black Bean Cheese Burritos on Gluten-Free Tortillas
- Sides: Carrots, Sugar Snap Peas, Apple
My kiddos will eat bean and cheese burritos cold or hot! Feel your kiddos out- this one is totally acceptable on the cold side:-) If they like it hot heat it in the morning and wrap it in foil or stuff it in a thermos to keep it warm.
- Main: Vegan or Regular Cream Cheese, Cucumber, Red and Orange Peppers, Sprouts Sandwich on Gluten-Free Bread (can also skip the peppers and just keep the colors green for pickier eaters)
- Sides: Vanilla Greek Yogurt, Organic Fruit Wrap (for dairy-free use almond or coconut yogurt)
Layer both sides of the sandwich bread with cream cheese to help the vegetables stick. On one side add the cucumbers and the other side add the red/orange pepper slices and sprouts then combine the sides.
- Main: Peanut Butter Honey Sandwich (or any nut butter if allergic to nuts and honey can be substituted with jelly)
- Sides: Raspberries, Watermelon, Carrots, Sugar Snap Peas
- Main: Turkey Avocado Cream Cheese Tortilla Wraps (optional mustard)
- Sides: Yogurt Crusher, Carrots, Apple Slices, Cucumbers
To hold the rolls together put cream cheese on both ends of the tortilla then add mustard, two slices of turkey and avocado. Roll the tortilla and seal the ends with the cream cheese, as it acts like a glue to hold it together. Then, slice off the ends and cut into three rolls or serve whole.
This one is one that can be catered to each child. I have one that likes it with avocado and one that prefers it without. You can just customize it to which your child might prefer- with or without avocado:-)
- Main: Turkey and Cheese Sandwich with Sprouts, Mustard and Mayonnaise (for dairy-free use vegan cheese and mayonnaise or skip it)
- Sides: Pirate Booty, Carrots, Sugar Snap Peas, Mandarin or Clementine Slices
- Gluten-Free Bread Loaf
- Gluten-Free Tortillas
- Black Beans
- Shredded Cheese
- Cheese Slices
- Vegan or Regular Cream Cheese
- Organic Peanut Butter
- Raw Honey
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt (or favorite yogurt)
- Fruit Wraps/Leathers
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Mini Red and Orange Peppers
- Mandarins or Clementines
- Yogurt Crusher
- Pirate Booty
Any leftover fruit and vegetables that are not used in lunches can be served as after school snacks. Extra vegetables can be turned it a side salad for dinner. Also if you think the kids might not like crust on their sandwiches, slice it off. I know some gluten-free breads can have a hard crust but soft interior and my kids like it removed depending on the brand.
I hope this helps make packing healthy lunches easier for you! Join me next Monday for Week 3 of Gluten-Free Lunch Ideas For School!