Healthy dairy free and gluten free school lunches. Each meal includes fruits, vegetables, carbohydrate, and protein with a shopping list for the week to make healthy lunches easier!
Here we are on the third week of healthy gluten-free lunch ideas for kids! Portions can be adapted for the age of the child. I have put together five fantastic lunches for this week. Visual ideas to make your planning easier with a shopping list included at the end of this post. Feel free to switch the days up for what works for you.
Other weeks I have shared exclusively gluten-free ideas for the week and this week everything is dairy-free too. Lunches can be hard to plan and these ideas show you what to put together and everything you need to buy. Use your favorite [amazon_textlink asin='B01MD15C4O' text='lunch containers' template='ProductLink' store='delightfulmom-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='38719ae4-af25-11e8-8f93-93290ec4a758′] or [amazon_textlink asin='B07983SV7B' text='stainless tell containers' template='ProductLink' store='delightfulmom-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='73a25812-af25-11e8-902b-874c9b447879′] and their compartments with these school lunches.
Gluten Free School Lunches – WEEK 3
- Main: Peanut Butter and Honey or Jelly Sandwich
- Sides: Carrots, Raisins
- Main: No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cups Or Your Favorite Gluten-Free Muffins
- Sides: Strawberries, Crunchy Chickpeas Snacks, Mini Peppers, Crusher
If your kids like to snack or have food they can pick from this one is perfect. You can change it up with any kind of favorite gluten-free muffins for the carbohydrate in this lunch.
- Main: Cooked Pasta and Peas With Salt, Pepper and Olive Oil Drizzle
- Sides: Walnuts (or nut of choice), Carrots, Crusher
- Main: Hearty Vegetable Soup
- Sides: Grapes, Crunchy Chickpea Snacks
Crunchy chickpeas are one of our favorite snacks and and excellent source of vegetarian and vegan protein. They are convenient to purchase online with various flavors available such as Honey, Cinnamon Sugar, Rockin' Ranch and more to meet kiddos taste buds!
- Main: No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cups or your favorite Gluten-Free Muffins
- Sides: Beef Stick, Apple Sauce or Crusher, Carrots, Crunchy Chickpeas Snacks
Healthy gluten-free lunch Shopping List:
- Gluten-Free Bread Loaf
- Organic Peanut Butter
- Honey or Jelly
- Mini Peppers
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Apple Sauce
- Crunchy Chickpea Snacks
- Beef Sticks
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cups or Muffins of choice
- Hearty Vegetable Soup (how ever much you need per child)
- Gluten-Free Macaroni Noodles
- Frozen Peas
- Olive Oil
- Walnuts (or favorite nuts)
A couple of tips:
- If your kids do not prefer certain things here they can be swapped out such as fruit for fruit or chickpeas for dried peas. Extra veggies and fruit can be eaten with dinner or for snack time after school.
- For convenience I sometimes like to buy a large vegetable tray from Costco and use the vegetables in lunches to create variety. I usually buy organic but any vegetables are better than no vegetables:-).
- Also in my main round up you will see a visual leftover pizza made with dairy-free cheese not listed in this post. That is another great option if you have leftover pizza.
More healthy weekly lunch plans for school:
Join me in a week on Monday for Week 4 of Gluten-Free School Lunches – ideas to fuel your kids and make your week easier! And I would love to hear how the school year is going for you so please comment below!