Vegetable soup is healthy and ready in less than 30 minutes! Using organic frozen vegetables in this easy vegetable soup recipe means less dishes and more time!
A family favorite healthy vegetable soup recipe full of green beans, tomatoes, corn, peas, carrots, celery and onion!
This quick and easy vegetable soup is brought to you courtesy of little C, who adores cooking with me! It is one of the simplest soups to put together with most of the vegetables already chopped and prepared. That means kids can make it and there are minimal dishes! That is a WIN-WIN for everyone leaving you with more time to enjoy this chunky bowl full of robust flavors!
When my little guy opened the fridge the other week he saw vegetable broth and requested soup for dinner. I had a bag of frozen vegetable mix with green beans, corn, carrots and peas and a box of diced tomatoes. He said “let’s make a healthy veg soup!”. He is not a big meat eater and prefers vegetarian foods so “veg soup” is a fitting request with him?.
He pulled up his chair to the stove, got his apron on and poured each of the ingredients into the pot. Then I turned on the heat?. From now-on very time it is my four-year old’s night to make dinner, can you guess what we will be having?
The soup can easily be transformed into a minestrone soup quickly by adding cooked noodles and beans into the recipe right before serving. I change it up sometimes for my kids this way. This soup is also even more delicious served the next day!
Vegetable Soup Preparation
There is little preparation to making this soup except gathering ingredient and adding them to a large pot:
- Diced tomatoes
- 16 ounce bag of mixed vegetables (green beans, carrots, corn, peas)
- Vegetable broth
- Bay leaf (adding bay leaf is what MAKES THIS SO GOOD!)
- Salt & pepper to season
- Fresh vibrant parsley
The ingredients are already prepped except for the onion and celery. Chop the onion and celery and add all of the ingredients to a large pot. Cover and turn the heat to high until it starts to bubble on the sides. When that happens turn the heat down to medium and cover for about 20-30 minutes to until the vegetables are soft.
Ways to use this soup
Serve this soup in various forms! Add beans, gluten-free pasta noodles and/or cheese and turn it into an Italian vegetable soup. You can serve it for dinner by itself or with cheese quesadillas, fresh bread, or grilled cheese. Leftovers can be packed for school lunches the next day.
Our family loves tomato based dishes and we are all BIG fans of this hearty vegetable soup and I know you will love it too! It is also vegan and caters to most specialized diets if you have an dietary concerns.
This soup is so good we even had it again last night?!
More delicious vegetarian soup recipes to try:
- Roasted Cauliflower Red Pepper Pesto Soup
- Purple Cabbage Soup
- Spicy Ginger Vegetable Zoodle Soup
- Mushroom, Squash and Tomato Chili Vegetable Soup
- Broccoli Potato Soup
- Vegan Potato White Bean Kale Soup
- Pizza Stew
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- Mushroom Onion Soup
- Classic Italian Vegetable Minestrone Soup by Family Style Food
- 1 - (26 ounces) diced tomatoes (canned or box)
- 1 - (16 ounce) bag mixed vegetables (green beans, corn, peas, carrots)
- 3-4 cups of vegetable broth (less for chunkier soup)
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 Bay leaf, whole
- In a large saucepan all of the ingredients. Cover and turn the heat to high until the edges of the soup start to bubble. When they start to bubble turn the heat down to medium and cook covered or about 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 6 g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 4 mg||1 %|
|Sodium 2755 mg||115 %|
|Potassium 743 mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29 g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8 g||33 %|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 8 g||15 %|
|Vitamin A||211 %|
|Vitamin C||117 %|