Rainbow Chard Soup is 100% Vegetables and 100% Love!
Some of the most fun creations at home and in the kitchen come from our surroundings. While strolling the aisles at Whole Foods Market the other week (overwhelmed with what to make for dinner that evening) Rainbow Chard caught my eye. The reality is, I only bought it because it was on sale.
I have never really cooked with Chard before- slightly intimidated and afraid of it actually. I would guess to saute it in garlic and olive oil but my husband doesn’t like that sort of texture in food. I searched Rainbow Chard Soup recipes and decided to try it in soup- pureed to avoid any funky textures.
How pretty is this giant pot of vegetables!?! – 100% Vegetables and 100% Love! Clean eating to stay healthy is our motto with all the winter colds going around. And the best part about soup is you can make it in the afternoon and just reheat for dinner. This recipe also works well to cook it in a crock pot all day and when you are ready to eat just puree it.
My husbands exact words were “It tastes good, because it I know it is super healthy.” We garnished it with a little cheese, Greek Yogurt or sour cream for a thicker consistency and added protein. But I like it plain served with a grilled cheese sandwich. Some may think this is too harsh to give to a baby, but Curren loved it!
Rainbow Chard Soup Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup of onion chopped
- 1 cup of carrots chopped
- 1 cup of celery chopped
- 4 cups of red or yellow potatoes diced into cubes
- 4 cups of Rainbow Chard chopped including stems
- 5 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. of salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of dried dill
- 1/4 cup of freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. of dried thyme
- In a large pot add oil, onion, garlic, celery and carrots. Saute on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes. Add potatoes, Swiss Chard, broth, salt, pepper, dill, parsley, thyme. Cover and let simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and puree in a blender before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley.
*Adapted from Quite Creek Farm