Simple healthy school lunch ideas that are gluten-free- Week 4! Five gluten-free easy lunch ideas with a shopping list to make your week run a bit smoother.
The school year is in full bloom now with homework just starting for my 1st grader! I am secretly excited to start educating myself and soaking up all the information he is learning. What else I like to soak up is more time. Do you feel me? That is just what these easy lunch ideas do because I can look at my list and know just what I have to buy and make each week for school. I hope these ideas make your week easier too?.
Healthy School Lunch Ideas That Are Gluten-Free – Week 4
- Main: Left over pizza from the weekend or make your own English Muffin Pizza (see under sides)
- Sides: Grapes, Broccoli, Snap Peas
To make English muffin pizzas, use gluten-free English muffins or half a gluten-free bagel if you can not find the other. Add a thin layer of sauce on top and cheese and any favorite toppings like pepperoni or olives. Bake in the oven 375 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starts to brown on the edge.
- Main: Banana and Nut Butter Cinnamon Tortilla Wraps
- Sides: Cucumber Chunks, Watermelon Slices
For the tortilla rolls place your favorite nut butter in the center of a gluten-free tortilla. Add a small amount on one of the sides (this helps to close and seal the tortilla). Place a banana in the center on top of the nut butter sprinkle with cinnamon. Fold in the sides (like a burrito) then one side over and roll it up sealing with the nut butter on the end.
- Main: Quesadilla Wedges
- Sides: Watermelon Slices, Broccoli, Grape Tomatoes
- Main: Hard Boiled Egg, Chocolate Chip Spinach Muffins
- Sides: Crusher, Grape Tomatoes
- Main: Chocolate Chip Spinach Muffins (or your favorite muffin)
- Sides: Cucumber and Tomato Skewers, Slices Peaches (may want to remove skin depending on your child), Raw Cashews
- Muffins or recipe for Chocolate Chip Spinach Muffins
- Leftover Pizza or
- English Muffins
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Extra toppings you like such as olives or pepperoni
- Gluten-Free Tortillas
- Shredded Cheese (for the quesadillas or just use the Mozzarella used for pizza)
- Nut Butter
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Raw Cashews
- Snap Peas
- Green or Red Grapes
- Grape Tomatoes
Any leftover fruit and vegetables that are not used in lunches can be served as after school snacks or used in a salad for dinner.
I hope this helps your week, have a good one!