The colors and flavors of fall are fully enjoyed in our home right now. One of those flavors includes pomegranates. My in-laws have a few pomegranate trees where they live with a plethora of this antioxidant fruit that needed picking. We brought those baby's home for salad.
So I had a full basket of fruit and decided to make it into a holiday salad. For the dressing I suggest cutting the pomegranate in half and then squeezing the juice out into a bowl. This is so simple to make and is refreshing, delicious and a well balanced meal.A well dressed salad comes with tasteful satisfying dressing.
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 3 cups endives chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup cucumber quartered and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion quartered and diced
- DRESSING: Combine all below ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tangerine pealed and separated
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Combine all ingredients on a tray or large mixing bowl. Top with Pomegranate dressing & garnish with mint leaves & enjoy!