This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Smithfield®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Cozy up this holiday season with this comforting gluten-free and dairy-free holiday wreath simply made with a creamy filling stuffed with Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® Diced Ham, broccoli and cheese! You will be blown away how easy it is to make a Ham Broccoli Cheese Wreath, plus this one is dairy-free!
A Thanksgiving and Christmas favorite dish we grew up with is a holiday wreath like this Vegetarian Spinach, Cranberry and Mushroom Wreath, only my mom would always include leftover turkey from our holiday meal.
What about making one anytime of the year with a beloved combination of Smithfield Anytime Favorites Diced Ham, broccoli, and cheese in a pizza crust!? Using Smithfield Anytime Favorites Diced Ham that is already cooked and diced makes this an easy recipe. Tossing it into a bowl with chopped broccoli, dairy-free cheddar cheese, dairy-free yogurt, onions celery and herbs makes this a memorable dish to serve for every holiday and beyond!
You do not have to use dairy-free ingredients if you don’t want to either, but this is especially good for anyone with Celiac disease or simply looking to reduce dairy intake.
Since the holidays and cooler weather are slowly creeping in, this is the perfect recipe for a wholesome, comforting, cold weather dinner ready in less than 1 hour! I promise it does not disappoint and I have a few tips to make this Ham, Broccoli and Cheese Wreath a breeze.
Tips for An Easy Ham Broccoli Cheese Wreath Dish
- Prepare the ingredients ahead of time. Chop the broccoli, celery, and onion in advance, and have it ready to serve during busy weeknights.
- Buy the meat ready, cooked and chopped! But make sure it is a good cut of meat (with little fat) such as Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® Cubed or Diced Ham (I get mine at Albertsons in the refrigerated meats section).
- Make the dough in advance. I love using my bread maker and placing all the ingredients in it for my gluten-free pizza dough recipe. It takes an hour and a half to prepare so it is ready by the time I come home from running errands. If I prep this part in advance, then this meal is ready in as little as 35 minutes! All it takes is rolling out the dough, mixing the filling together and assembling the ingredients. For a timesaver you can also purchase frozen pre-made dough ahead of time!
How to Make a Gluten-Free Ham Holiday Wreath
First you need to make the dough, then knead it out on a floured surface. Make sure the base has lots of flour all around, so it does not stick as you flip the edges over the filling. Then make the filling.
Place a cup in the center of the round dough and surround it with the filling. Then push the cup into the dough to remove the center to resemble a donut. Push the filling away from the inner circle removed in the center slightly. Flip the edges over the filling to close in the wreath and press the edges of the dough together in the inner circle to seal.
When the Holiday Ham Broccoli Cheese Wreath is ready and sealed closed, add an egg base to the top and sides, which will help give it a beautiful browning effect while it cooks. Sprinkle a dash of kosher salt on top right before placing it in the oven.
Y’all, I hope you enjoy this Holiday Ham Broccoli Cheese Wreath as much as we do! It is truly a simple dinner and works great to slice into wedges for a large crowd.
I could not stop nibbling on this ham wreath as soon as it came out of the oven! It is truly enjoyable and one of those “comfort food at its best” situations.
When you need an easy solution to dinner that is high in protein, versatile and flavorful, Smithfield Anytime Favorites has you covered! Their diced ham is lean, packed with protein, ready for convenience, and easy to use anytime, anywhere.
The diced ham is also a great addition to use in this Healthy Kale and Ham Greek Yogurt Quiche (also because I love the convenience of a quiche recipe that can be made in advance!). Can I get an amen for easy dinners!?
Ready for the real deal? Head on over to Albertson’s, grab your simple and ready Smithfield Anytime Favorites Diced Ham and let’s get baking together! For my Delightful Mom Food members, click here to save $2 on TWO Smithfield items from October 23rd until November 12, 2019. Enjoy!
Holiday Ham Cheese Broccoli Wreath
- 1 gluten-free pizza dough recipe (click here) or 2 packages refrigerated gluten-free pizza dough
- 2 cups broccoli diced very fine
- 2 8 ounce packages Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® Diced Ham
- ⅔ cup celery diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (dairy-free)
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup plain yogurt (dairy-free or can use plain non-fat Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram chopped
- ½ teaspoon pink salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg separated
- kosher salt for garnish
- Make ahead of time the gluten-free pizza dough. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay out parchment paper and generously dust with gluten-free flour all the way to the edges of the paper. Roll out the pizza dough until it is about 18-inches round. Place a cup in the center to "cut out" the middle of the dough, and keep the cup there while adding the filling.
- Make the filling. In a large bowl mix together the broccoli, diced ham, celery, cheese, onion, yogurt, sugar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, rosemary, nutritional yeast, marjoram, pink salt, and nutmeg.
- Pour the filling around the cup to resemble a circle. Push the filling back slightly from away from the cup. Using the cup, cut out the center dough and remove.
- Carefully fold over all the edges of the pizza dough over the filling and seal it in the center. Using a pastry brush, brush the top and sides of the dough with the egg white (discard the yolk or save for another recipe). Sprinkle the top lightly with kosher salt.
- Carefully lift the parchment paper up and transfer to a baking sheet. Bake for 27-30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and dough is cooked through.
- Let cool slightly and cut into 8 large slices.