A healthier whole fruit peach margarita recipe made with frozen peaches, lime, honey and a splash of tequila! Forget the triple sec and sweeten this cocktail up with fresh wholesome fruit and natural sugars!
Why this margarita is so great
This frozen peach margarita recipe is made with wholesome fresh peaches and no processed sugars! Traditionally a margarita is made with tequila, triple sec, lime or lemon juice and salt around the rim of a glass, served on the rocks or frozen. But now you can forget the refined sugars in triple sec and extra unwanted calories! Fresh fruit and a bit of honey is all this delicious drink needs. Be sure to try our other fresh fruit cocktails like this Skinny Margarita On The Rocks, Grape Frosé Rosé (Frozen Rosé), White Peach Sangria With Mint, and Mango Vodka Cocktail Drink.
Delicious healthier sweet treat to enjoy for Taco Tuesday and Mexican dinners! Margaritas are one of the best cocktail recipes to pair with spicy, salty Mexican food like Cod Ceviche, Shrimp Ceviche, and this tasty Vegetarian Taco Salad. It just compliments the bold flavors of jalapeno and cilantro and juicy textures so well. Especially when the margarita recipe is made with fresh frozen peaches, making it a “healthier” cocktail with a bit less guilt attached. And tequila is actually one of the purest alcohols for the body. Contradictory, right?
What ingredients goes into the recipe
- Fresh frozen peaches – this is where the flavor is at plus a bonus of fiber and nutrients
- Ice – to make this cocktail recipe refreshing, chilled and creates a slushy consistency
- Tequila – use a good quality tequila such as Don Julio or check out this list of the best tequila for margaritas
- Sweetener- honey or agave syrup with an option to add Stevia for a bit sweeter drink without loads of sugar
- Lime Juice – for just a little burst of zesty flavor!
How to make this frozen cocktail
In a blender, blend together the peaches, honey, lime juice, tequila and ice. Add a few drops of liquid Stevia if you prefer for a sweeter peach margarita. Serve immediately.
No peaches? No problem! Fruits like mango, banana, melon, strawberry, blueberry, mulberry or raspberry are also suitable for margaritas and mojitos. Swap out this peach margarita for another flavor just by changing up the frozen fruit that might be available or on-hand!
Margaritas are made with so many various fruits and juice mixtures. But I prefer my drink recipes to be made in the most natural form. Use fresh frozen fruit to sweeten cocktail drinks instead of fake hydrogenated corn syrup and sugar for the “healthiest” version.
Yes and no. Triple sec adds citrus flavor in margarita recipes and can be substituted with equal amounts of any other orange liqueur including Grand Marnier, Cointreau, or Curacao. For natural healthy margarita recipes, it can be substituted with fresh fruit and citrus juice, or combined with honey or agave syrup. Or 2-4 drops of orange oil per 2 tablespoons of triple sec, or 2 teaspoons of orange extract per 2 tablespoons.
I hope you enjoy this peach margarita made with whole fruits! It is simple and delicious with just the right sweetness needed. This is such an easy margarita recipe – both lighter on sugar and high in flavor!
If you make this frozen peach margarita recipe from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations and share it! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
Healthy Frozen Peach Margarita Recipe
- 3½ cups frozen diced peaches
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 3 tablespoons honey or agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup tequila (use a good quality)
- liquid Stevia drops for more sweetness to taste optional
- In a blender, blend together the peaches, honey, lime juice, tequila and ice. Add a few drops of liquid Stevia if you prefer for a sweeter peach margarita. Serve immediately.