These days it is hard to find time to start dinner when 4:00 or 5:00 rolls around. Nap time ends around 3:00, then we are off to some fun adventure of swim lessons, happy hour with friends, playdates, grocery shopping, etc. Some days, by the time we come home the witching hour begins and life would be much easier with a pre-made meal. I started enjoying making these quiches and pies for dinner that you can make ahead and then just reheat as soon as dinner time is near.
Lasagna recipes are another great alternative that can be made in the morning or during nap time. I like to prepare this vegetable lasagna it in the morning, bake it, let it cool and then put it in the refrigerator until it is time to reheat for dinner. To reheat it simply cook it covered in the oven at 300 degrees F for about 20-30 minutes or until the center is warm. Or prepare it ahead of time (without baking it yet) and cook fully right before dinner time.
Vegetable LasagnaPrint Pin Rate
- 1 package gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 25 ounce jar of tomato sauce
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons oregano dry
- 2 teaspoons basil dry
- 4 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking oil.
- In a medium pan, add olive oil, onion, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and a dash of salt and pepper. Saute on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes or until the mushrooms start to soften and onion becomes translucent. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together ricotta cheese, cheese, egg, oregano, basil, and milk.
- Spread a layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Place a single layer of noodles over the tomato sauce. Then add the ricotta mixture, then sauteed vegetables on top. Repeat 2 more times starting with tomato sauce, then noodles, creamed cheese, vegetables. On the fourth layer of noodles, dip them first in water then top with tomato sauce and 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Rest lasagna for about 30 minutes to allow the noodles to absorb liquid and flavors to set. Place in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until the top is brown and bubbly. If the sides seem to burn, cover with foil, and remove foil for last 5 minutes of cooking. Rest at least 20 minutes before serving.