A flavorful acorn stuffed squash recipe made with a Korean BBQ ground turkey filling! This healthy meal comes together in 40 minutes, is paleo, and naturally gluten-free!
Thank you Kevin's Natural Foods for sponsoring this post.
Allow me to introduce a favorite and easy way to make acorn stuffed squash. Stuff it with ground turkey meat, and a flavorful Korean BBQ Sauce for a paleo and keto friendly main dish that leaves you satisfied and fueled! This acorn stuffed squash recipe comes together quickly and is incredibly flavorsome!
WHY THIS ACORN STUFFED SQUASH RECIPE WORKS
Paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free! This recipe is wonderful for anyone on a paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free diet. The Korean BBQ sauce is also keto, although the majority of carbs come from sustainable natural energy from the squash.
Quick and easy healthy dinner ready at moments notice! This meal comes together quickly using just a saucepan and baking sheet. Love a kitchen with less dishes, how about you!
This acorn stuffed squash is loaded with healthy nutrients and protein! Acorn squash is packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber and is excellent to add to a clean eating diet. Ground turkey adds loads of protein which keep your body full and fueled for hours. The combination leaves your body feeling satisfied without extra cravings that pack on pounds.
Can help with weight loss! This easy gluten-free dinner is low in calories per servings (less than 400!) and the majority of fat is from healthy oils. A diet lower in calories can help crush weight loss goals!
STUFFED SQUASH INGREDIENTS
The vegetable: two acorn squash, olive oil, salt, and pepper. These serve 4 people each eating half of one. My images only show 1 used, but for this recipe use 1-2 depending on how many people you are serving.
The acorn stuffed squash filling: which is made of ground turkey meat, onion, and one packet of Kevin's Natural Foods Korean BBQ Sauce! This stuff is absolutely delicious and is what makes this acorn stuffed squash so easy to prepare and delicious. It is gluten-free, paleo, keto, and made with NONGMO ingredients! For the ground turkey meat I suggest using 93%-99% lean.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Time needed: 40 minutes.
- Roast the acorn squash
Cut the acorn squash in half and with a spoon scoop out the seeds. Rub olive oil over it and inside it and sprinkle the inside with a dash of salt and pepper. Place each half of acorn squash face down. Add a splash of water to the bottom of the baking pan and roast for 25-30 minutes until soft and tender. Meanwhile, make the Korean BBQ ground turkey.
- Make the ground turkey meat filling
In a large saucepan add oil, onion, and ground turkey meat. Cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat, breaking up the meat continuously as it cooks into a crumble with a spatula. Turn the heat down to low and pour in the packet of BBQ sauce and stir to heat. This BBQ sauce is seriously the best full of plenty of flavors!
- Stuff the acorn squash
One the acorn squash has finished cooking, fill each half with the ground turkey filling and garnish with fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes.
FAQs AND EXPERT TIPS
Enjoy this stuffed acorn squash with ground turkey meat alone or along side of a fresh and crunchy salad. Here are a few I recommend:
detox kale salad
fresh corn tomato salad
any one of these 4 mason jar salads
fennel apple salad
winter salad with kiwifruit, persimmons, walnuts and cranberry
kale salad with chickpeas, cranberries, and persimmons
Acorn squash is supposed to be hard. If it is not it may have spoiled. Once cooked and roasted it becomes soft and tender when it is fully cooked.
The skin of acorn squash becomes soft and flakey when it is cooked and can be eaten. If you prefer to not eat the skin, the meat of acorn squash easily separates.
Acorn squash is a delicious vegetable that is rich in fiber, vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium, and antioxidants. It is low in fat and overall protects against heart disease and type 2 diabetes. [source]
This makes enough filling for 4 halves of acorn squash. I usually give my husband and I each a half and my kids just the BBQ sauce turkey meat filling- which they love!
RELATED RECIPES FOR YOU TO ENJOY
Please check out my friends at Kevin's Natural Foods on social media at Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for all the delicious healthy, cleaning foods they offer! They have more tasty sauces that are out-of-this-world so I highly recommend trying all of them! Now let's get started making this savory acorn stuffed squash with Korean BBQ ground turkey recipe!
If you make this Acorn Stuffed Squash with Korean BBQ Ground Turkey Recipe from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
Acorn Stuffed Squash with Korean BBQ Ground Turkey
- 2 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, separated or avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey meat 93%-99% for lowest fat
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 (7 ounce) packet of Keven's Natural Foods Korean BBQ Sauce
- cilantro and red peppers for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Have ready a large baking pan that is lined with a rim.
- Cut the acorn squash in half and with a spoon scoop out the seeds. Rub 1 tablespoon of oil over it and inside it and sprinkle the inside with a dash of salt and pepper. Place each half of acorn squash face down. Add a splash of water to the bottom of the baking pan and roast for 25-30 minutes until soft and tender. Meanwhile, make the Korean BBQ ground turkey.
- In a large saucepan add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, onion, and ground turkey meat. Cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat, breaking up the meat continuously as it cooks into a crumble with a spatula. Turn the heat down to low and pour in the packet of BBQ sauce and stir to heat. This BBQ sauce is seriously the best full of plenty of flavors!
- When the acorn squash is finished cooking, flip them over and stuff them with the filling. Garnish with fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes. Serve right away.