Crunchy water chestnuts make this gluten-free stuffing recipe the talk of the town! It is full of comforting fall flavors of cranberry and butternut squash and is easily sautéed and baked in a dutch oven for little clean-up!
This post is sponsored by Farberware®. All words and opinions are expressed and written by me.
I really, really LOVE doing dishes. Like give me a big pile stacked high until they almost tip over. It is my favorite time of day to be peacefully standing tall on two feet in front of my sink scrubbing away… said no one ever!
That is why I love cooking a holiday meal that takes only one-pot! And have I mentioned yet how much I love stuffing?!
Y’all, this is THE BEST GLUTEN FREE STUFFING RECIPE I have ever had! I know, I know, I make stuffing all the time. But this time it is different. This one has so many flavors and textures that come together in perfect harmony. The recipe takes a slight bit more chopping than my traditional gluten free stuffing recipe, but well worth the extra minute! Afterall, it is all made in one pot, so you save the time in the dishes.
This gluten free stuffing recipe is the perfect addition to a savory holiday feast. There is only a tiny bit of cranberries used offering a slight pop of tang to compliment the sweetness of the butternut squash without being overpowering on either flavors.
Y’all are going to LOVE these flavors in this stuffing recipe!
Get ready for an epic stuffing recipe made with all the seasonal essences that you will want on repeat every holiday season! The base is from my traditional gluten-free stuffing recipe that I have been making for the past 14+ years. Instead of using carrots there are extra chopped vegetables to provide more depth and nutrition to an otherwise basic stuffing recipe.
Ingredients for the BEST gluten-free stuffing recipe
What you need are a few extra vegetables, fruit, seasonings and a loaf of gluten-free bread.
- Avocado oil, this oil can handle high heat up to 500 degrees F. Perfect for sautéing and pan-frying foods that are on high.
- Fennel, chopped
- Onion, diced
- Celery, diced
- Butternut squash, diced into small chunks
- Fresh cranberries, chopped
- Water chestnuts, diced
- Vegetable broth
- Poultry seasoning
- Walnuts, chopped
- Gluten-free bread loaf such as Udi’s, diced into small cubes
How to make holiday stuffing on the stove
Chop all the vegetables and have them prepared. Then sauté the vegetables until translucent for about 10 minutes on medium-high heat. Add the broth, seasonings, cranberries and water chestnuts. Mix then add the cubed gluten-free bread cubes. Turn of the heat and bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes.
This healthy gluten-free stuffing recipe is a delicious side dish to serve at Thanksgiving and Christmas! Bring it to your next holiday potluck, dinner party or Friendsgiving😊.
Yea, dishes, not my thang. But as a food blogger, it must be my thang. Because the dishes really never end. What I love about making stuffing is that it is super simple to make when you get the formula down and use a dutch oven!
I am so proud to team with Farberware® and introduce their new Glide collection–a copper-colored ceramic cookware collection that has 90% better food release vs. major ceramic competitors.
I love these pans and use them for everything from sautéing stuffing ingredients to morning eggs and even making pan-fried then baked frittatas (coming soon for a holiday brunch!).
What makes these pans so great?
Glad you ask. They are a durable aluminum construction with a flared rim for easy drip-free pouring. They also have a two-layer copper ceramic long-lasting nonstick coating in every pan which makes cleaning and food removal easy! Just make sure to be delicate and use plastic or wooden utensils. They are also dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 350 degrees F plus they come with a Lifetime Warranty.
Now here comes the fun part and a GIVEAWAY to win your own 12-piece set of Farberware® Glide™ black copper pans! Click here to see the full collection of Farberware pans and what they have to offer!
Here are the rules to enter:
- Comment on this post and tell us what you would love to start making in your new Farberware®.
- Like both Farberware and Delightfulmomfood on Instagram.
Good luck! Giveaway ends 12/01/18.
Pin this one-pot stuffing recipe
Crunchy Cranberry & Butternut Squash Gluten-Free Stuffing
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 loaf gluten free bread, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups white onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced
- 1 bulb fennel, stalk removed and bulb diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- thyme and sage leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a dutch oven, heat on medium-high heat the avocado oil, onion, fennel, celery and butternut squash. Cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and the onions are slightly translucent.
- Add the vegetable broth, poultry seasoning, cranberries and water chestnuts to the sauteed vegetables. Mix to combined. Turn the stove off then add the gluten-free bread cubes. Mix to combine until the bread is fully coated and moist.
- Transfer the dutch oven to the oven and place it on a center rack. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top is slightly browned. Garnish with more avocado oil and fresh thyme and sage leaves.