This peanut butter oatmeal will fuel your mornings with the right nutrients, including filling fiber, energizing carbs, and high levels of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids. Drizzle organic peanut butter on top or add a dollop with sweet banana slices, raisins, and cinnamon for a nourishing breakfast treat!
Why this peanut butter oatmeal recipe is so great
+Rich in omega-3, omega-6 fatty acids and protein! Peanuts are actually a legume and have more protein than any other nut [source]. This peanut butter oatmeal recipe also has superfood hemp seeds in it which contains Omega’s. Omega’s are resourceful fuel for the brain and heart. It helps to lower cholesterol and supports brain function, thanks to it being a healthy fat.
+Oatmeal is packed with fiber and protein to keep you fueled and full! We love peanut butter in oatmeal as much as our chia and hemp seed superfood oatmeal and protein oatmeal because it is so healthy and helps to ward off cravings, leaving you satisfied for hours!
+What is not to love about the combination of peanut butter and drizzle of maple sweetener! Oatmeal and peanut butter goes so good together and is sweet and comforting all around with loads of peanut butter flavor!
- Oats: For the oats use gluten-free quick cook oats, rolled oats or steel cut oats. Personally I like quick cooked best, rolled oats second best, and steel cut third. What is your favorite?
- Flax meal
- Hemp seeds
- Maple syrup
- Almond milk (yes, this makes this creamy!) or try any dairy-free milk like coconut milk or cashew milk.
- a dash of salt
- Toppings: peanut butter, banana slices, raisins. This makes the bowl of oats taste like an oatmeal cookie!
This gluten-free oatmeal recipe tastes like a banana oatmeal raisin cookie. Use banana slices, raisins, cinnamon, and organic peanut butter. Organic Valencia peanut butter is best as most peanut butters are grown in places that mold. Valencia peanuts are grown in a cooler climate and safer to consume. You can find organic Valencia peanut butter at Costco which comes in a 2-pack for $9.99- total score!
How to make peanut butter oatmeal
Cook gluten-free oats (or regular oats if you do not have Celiac disease or a gluten sensitivity), on the stove and or in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes. Add the hemp seeds, flax meal, maple syrup, salt, and milk and mix to combine. Next top the oatmeal with banana slices, raisins, cinnamon and organic peanut butter. You can also turn this into chocolate peanut butter oatmeal by swapping out the maple syrup for 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup.
Frequently Asked Questions and Expert Tips
Peanut butter oatmeal is so good! It is comfort food at its best and mixing the peanut butter in makes it creamy and thick with flavors like a peanut butter oatmeal cookie.
Make sure to consume organic peanut butter that is grown in Valencia, or labeled “Organic Valencia Peanut Butter”. There is less fungi in the environment there where the peanuts are grown.
Peanut butter is high in fat so always consult with your doctor first. At most aim for 1-2 tablespoons per day.
If you make this recipe from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations and share it! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don’t forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- ½ banana sliced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons organic peanut butter
- Boil water and add the oats. Cook about 1 minute over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Combine water and oats in a medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
Add The Oatmeal Extras
- Add hemp seeds, flax meal, maple syrup, a dash of salt and up to ¼ cup almond milk (depending how "soup-like" you like it). Mix well.
- Top with banana slices, raisins, cinnamon, and drizzle or add 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Enjoy!