Celebrate with a lovey low-sugar passion fruit cocktail! This sparkling tropical drink is lightly sweetened with Stevia and perfect with either vodka or tequila (or skip the booze all together)!
Some cultures think that eating passion fruit will make you fall in love! So you might want to be careful about who you sip this sugar-free passion fruit cocktail with!
Haha… I am joking.
No I'm not. Yes I am:-)
Ever wonder what to do with passion fruit (genus passiflora) anyways? I have a friend who has an amazing fence covered with this delicious passionflower plant. She has been so kind in the past to give us some! Usually I slice passion fruit open and scoop out the juicy fruit and pour it on top of smoothie bowls, yogurt or ice cream. Then we grabbed a few from our neighbor over the hot summer and I turned them into a refreshing sparkling cocktail (that has lots of potassium)!
But I am not a fan of sweet drinks too often. You know, the ones that go down far too fast and that make you feel dehydrated from too much sugar (combined with the alcohol, of course).
And bubble water such as a La Croix is my go to refreshment during the day so what better way to enjoy it than with fresh fruit, Stevia powder and a little extra “something-something” !
There are two variations of passion passion fruit: Hawaiian yellow and New Zealand purple. Both fruits are oval with a sweet and tangy flavor and when they are ripe they have black seeds inside.
Nutritional Information of Passion Fruit:
Passion fruit is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, calcium, iron and potassium. One fruit has only 17 calories and is also a good source of the plant chemicals plant chemicals such as lycopene, polyphenols and carotenoids.
Our purple passion fruits made the juiciest cocktails! But then I realized I have no idea how else to serve passion fruit! If you are in that dilemma too, here is a list 2o delicious recipes to make with passion fruit!
20 Awesome Gluten-Free Passion Fruit Recipes:
- Passion Fruit Margaritas by Katie at the Kitchen Door
- Tropical Smoothie Bowls by Coley Cooks
- Mango Passion Jam by Love and Olive Oil
- Passion Fruit Panna Cotta by Something New For Dinner
- Tropical Strawberry Passionfruit Guacamole by Little Kitchen Big World
- Mango Passion Fruit Sorbet by Le Petit Eats
- Passion Fruit Lemon Infused Water by Green Healthy Cooking
- Raw Mango and Passionfruit Cake by Ascension Kitchen
- Upside Down Cake Peach and Passionfruit Cake by The Kiwi Cook
- Sweet Tart Passion Fruit Curd By Garlic & Zest
- White Chocolate Passionfruit Cupcakes by Wholesome Patisserie
- No-Bake Passionfruit Cheesecake by Oh My Dish
- Gluten-Free Passionfruit Cheesecake With Caramelized Pineapple by Fuss Free Cooking
- Passion Fruit Wine and Mango Filled Bonbons by Joy of Kosher
- Passionfruit Sago Puddings by The Hungry Australian
- Mogador Macarons by Iron Whisk
- Creamy Passion Fruit Popsicles by Living Healthy With Chocolate
- Passionfruit & Lemon Trifle by Raspberri Cupcakes
- Gluten-Free Passion Fruit & Coconut Cake by BBC Food
- Easy Passionfruit Slice Bars by Genius Kitchen
PIN THIS PASSION FRUIT COCKTAIL RECIPE TO SAVE
Passion Fruit Cocktail + 20 Passion Fruit Recipes
- 3 passion fruits
- 1 ounce vodka or tequila
- Flavored Sparkling water
- 1 small packet of Stevia
- Lemon or lime optional
- In a small glass add the ice. Slice open the passion fruit and with a spoon scoop out the center and add to the glass. Add vodka or tequila, sparkling water and Stevia. Optional to mix in a squeeze of lemon or lime then mix well and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0 g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 25 mg||1 %|
|Potassium 237 mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17 g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6 g||23 %|
|Sugars 7 g|
|Protein 1 g||3 %|
|Vitamin A||12 %|
|Vitamin C||57 %|