Zesty Thai coconut lime sauce makes this one amazing seafood zucchini pasta bowl (zoodles)! Made with zucchini pasta, crab meat, and cashews tossed in a sweet and spicy lemongrass, coconut milk based sauce for a low carb, gluten-free and dairy-free pasta meal!
Seafood Zucchini Pasta Bowl Recipe
Get ready to teleport to Thailand and enjoy all the tropical flavors of the ocean and seafood in the comfort of your very own home within very little time😊. This zucchini pasta bowl recipe bursts with tangy sweet and spicy flavors and is so simple to make using red curry paste, lemon grass, coconut milk and ginger, then is tossed with canned crab meat and zucchini noodles. Can we also say “Hello, heathy zucchini pasta dish that trims my waistline while pumps the body with muscle-building protein”!
Coconut milk, oil and creams are high in saturated fat, but a type of fat the body processes differently than others like trans fats. Coconut milk has been known to speed up the metabolism, starve off hunger and aid in weight loss, when consumed in moderation (source). I have to fully bold that one😊 as moderation is key with every meal. For this recipe, it is fully delicious with lite coconut milk, which adds the flavor without compromising too much fat. If you are doing a Keto diet, you may want to increase to full fat or coconut cream for this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE THAI COCONUT CRAB ZUCCHINI PASTA RECIPE
First purchase in advance zucchini noodles, or prepare 1 lb. zucchini (courgette) by zoodling them with a spiralizer.
This is super simple, as we move-on to the sauce. Combine the coconut milk, lemongrass, pepper, red Thai curry paste, salt, black pepper, lime, sugar, and ginger in a large saucepan. Simmer on low for 20 minutes. This allows the flavors to combine and pulls seasons from the lemongrass, peppers and ginger. After 20 minutes stir in the crab meat, cashews, and prepared zucchini cut into noodles. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes on medium-high heat.
Discard the lemongrass, toss in green onions and chives and serve right away with extra lime juice and watermelon radishes for color.
TROUBLE SHOOTING ZUCCHINI PASTA
Only cook the zucchini noodles for the last 2 minutes, or until slightly heated through. This leaves them with a slight crunch and makes them not mushy. Cooing them too long alters the texture😊.
OTHER MEATS AND SEAFOOD TO USE IN ZUCCHINI PASTA
Supplement the canned crab meat with canned shrimp, tuna, cooked mahi mahi, or even a rotisserie chicken.
More healthy zucchini and coconut recipes:
- Spicy Pineapple Ginger Coconut Lime Chicken
- Skinny Zucchini Lasagna Rolls
- Healthy Summer Spaghetti Recipe
- Coconut Milk Shrimp Skewers
- Indian Coconut Curry Rice Soup
Thai Coconut Lime Crab Zucchini Pasta
- 1 can lite coconut milk (or full fat or cream for Keto)
- 2 lemongrass sticks
- 1 red chili sliced, seeds removed
- ½ tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- ½ teaspoon pink salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lime juice of
- 1 tablespoon sugar (prefer monk fruit)
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced
- 16 ounce canned crab meat
- 2 green onion sliced, green part only
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- 1 lb. zucchini prepared into spirals (can be purchased this way)
- ⅓ cup raw cashews chopped or halves
- Purchase in advance zucchini noodles, or prepare 1 lb. zucchini by zoodling them with a spiralizer. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the coconut milk, lemongrass, pepper, red Thai curry paste, salt, black pepper, lime, sugar, and ginger in a large saucepan. Simmer on low for 20 minutes, uncovered. This allows the flavors to combine and pulls seasons from the lemongrass, peppers and ginger.
- After 20 minutes stir in the crab meat, cashews, and prepared zucchini cut into noodles. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Discard the lemongrass, toss in green onions and chives and serve right away with extra lime juice and watermelon radishes for color.