Ok this post is something I am really passionate about! Clean eating is something I committed to many years ago and it just keeps getting more delicious! Once your body is detoxed from the foods that are not good for you, you start to not crave them. Lets start with bread. I know, scary right? I mean seriously, who WANTS to omit fluffy pastries cookies and crackers that your teeth just melt into and your body becomes gloriously relaxed in pleasure? Luckily my husband is on board with clean eating and… gasp!… starting the Paleo diet!
For some reason PALEO scared me. It sounded hard and like I would crave all these foods I can not have- forming a love-hate relationship with myself. If you are not familiar with the Paleo diet it is similar to the Mediterranean diet. Eat lots of vegetables, meat, nuts and fruit and no grains! Healthy right? My only concern was how do I feel “full” and get the satisfaction of crunchy and fluffy texture on my lips. This weekend I did lots of baking which included these Paleo crackers, muffins and cheese made out of almond meal, coconut flour and nuts. And they really are delicious and quite satisfying! Clean eating- Bring it on!
Combine ingredients in a mixer or food processor until a dough forms. Then place dough in between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out until it is 1/8 inch thick. Then slick with a pizza cutter into 2 inch squares. Bake then store in an airtight container.
Paleo Crackers With Salt And Pepper
- Place almond flour, coconut flour, egg, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Blend until dough forms.
- Place dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to 1/8 inch - 1/16 inch thick (super thin)
- Cut into 2 inch squares using a pizza cutter or a knife then sprinkle with extra salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes. Let cool then serve.