Enjoy this simple and fun Red White and Blue Fruit Platter for Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day gatherings! Gather all your favorite red and blue fruits like cherries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries and dunk them in a delicious white dip!
Happy Memorial Day, friends! Yesterday we spend the day with family and friends poolside celebrating Declaration Day. It feels a little ironic that we are celebrating the memorial of those that have died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. My 6 year old asked “What is Memorial Day?”, with a concerned face expressing his true feelings “what and why are we celebrating?”
We are celebrating life. That is what we are celebrating. We are celebrating patriotism and the life of those who have fought for our country.
In celebrating I thought it would be fun to give you some fruit platter ideas to make your own simple party tray. For our celebration I put together a red white and blue fruit platter with yogurt covered raisins and yogurt covered gluten-free pretzels.
Fruit Platter Ideas
Fresh fruits and sweet treats such as:
Red: cherries, raspberries, strawberries, red delicious apples, watermelon, pomegranates, cranberries
White: white colored dipping sauces, vanilla Greek yogurt, coconut yogurt, cream cheese whipped with maple syrup or honey, white chocolate chips, coconut chips, white covered strawberries, white yogurt covered raisins, white yogurt covered pretzels
(Vegan chocolate dipped goodies can be made using vegan white chips found here.)
Blue: blueberries, mulberries, black seedless table grapes, blackberries, prunes, raisins
Fruits can be displayed on skewers, strawberries served whole or sliced in half and even watermelon cut into fun star shapes using a cookie cutter.
Enjoy this beautiful platter at your next gathering as an appetizer, snack tray or desserts tray! It would also be a fun add to a breakfast or brunch bar. It takes little time and the only preparation is washing fruits and assembling them on your favorite party tray! Perfect for 4th of July, Memorial Day, Veterans Day and Labor Day!
More Fun Red White and Blue Fruit Ideas You Might Like
- Red White and Blue Flag Tray from Family Fresh Meals
- Red White & Blue Apples from Mom Loves Baking
- Paleo Flag Fruit Tart from 40 Aprons
- Red White and Blue Frozen Bananas from Two Sisters
- Fourth of July Fruit Kabobs from Style Me Pretty
- Paleo Pie Crust With Fresh Berries from Delightful Mom Food
A big THANK YOU to all who have fought for our country!
Red White and Blue Fruit Platter
- Yogurt covered raisins for vegan see recipe notes
- Yogurt covered gluten-free pretzels for vegan see recipe notes
- Non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt or vanilla coconut milk yogurt
- Cutting board or tray
- Rinse all fruit and put a few onto skewers. Cut some strawberries in half.
- Assemble all the fruit, skewers, yogurt raisins and yogurt pretzels on the tray.
- Serve with yogurt as a dip.