Seriously you have to try this Almond Pesto Cauliflower (roasted cauliflower) recipe and I promise you will not be disappointed! It is flavorful, filling, nutritious, crunchy and meets all textures your pallet will swoon over!
Roasted cauliflower, almonds, and a basil pesto tossed together in a fragrant topping with crunchy toasted almond slivers will be your new favorite side dish! It is plant based, nourishing and made with vegan gluten-free ingredients.
Roasted Cauliflower with Pesto and Almonds
Cauliflower is delicious, crunchy, and packed full of nutty flavors. It is versatile too! Cauliflower is an incredible vegetable that can easily be turned in cauliflower pizza crust, cauliflower rice fritters or tossed in burritos in place of rice.
This easy sheet pan meal of roasted cauliflower mixed with pesto and crunchy almonds takes little time and makes the most savory side dish! Serve it to guests (and yourself) and you will all feel like you are dining at a fancy restaurant!
Why this recipe is so great
Can we all just agree that this recipe says “Hello Beautiful” all the way! Beautiful skin, beautiful nutrients, and beautiful plant-based ingredients!
I love fresh pesto and I REALLY LOVE it combined with roasted cauliflower. The two married together is one of the most luxurious side dishes your lips will ever touch! This recipe is bold, nutty, and a chock-full of flavor!
This is SUCH AN AMAZING side dish that you’ll probably rave about for years to come- it is just that good! Almond pesto roasted cauliflower will totally blow your mind because there are SO MANY BOLD flavors going on here!
What ingredients go into this cauliflower recipe
- 1 cauliflower head
- fresh Italian sweet basil leaves packed
- olive oil
- Himalayan salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh lemon juice to bring out flavor
- almond slivers or almond slices
- garlic cloves
How to make roasted cauliflower pesto
This roasted cauliflower recipe uses a whole head of cauliflower then cut it into slices or “steaks” Once it is sliced mix it with homemade pesto sauce. I like to use this kale pesto recipe or a basic basil pesto sauce without the dairy, cheese or pine nuts. We add toasted almonds for a nutty crunchy texture on top.
Prepare the cauliflower
Preheat the oven and grease a baking pan, then prepare the cauliflower. Wash the cauliflower and remove the stem. Slice it into even size “steaks”. It is fine if some break off into smaller pieces. It will break more after it cooks.
Make the pesto sauce
Add the pesto ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until slightly smooth, for about 45 seconds.
Toss and roast the cauliflower florets
Add the pesto sauce on top of the cauliflower steaks, reserving ¼ cup for serving.
Add the almond slivers on top and toss the ingredients together with your hands to coat the cauliflower with the pesto and almond slivers.
Roast it all together at 400 degrees for 35 minutes to pure perfection, and flipping it at about halfway through cooking!
Roasting Tips for Success
Slice the cauliflower into almost equal sizes for even baking, and make sure they do not overlap on the baking sheet.
Serve this fantastic cauliflower recipe as a side dish, with other roasted vegetables, or turn it into a cauliflower pasta recipe and serve it over gluten free noodles. Have extra cauliflower? Use it in this roasted cauliflower red pepper soup! Or serve it along side of meat such as:
If you make this almond pesto roasted cauliflower recipe from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations and share it! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don’t forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
Roasted Cauliflower with Pesto and Almonds (Paleo, Whole30)
Prepare the cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F. Lightly grease a baking pan with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Wash and slice the cauliflower by removing the bottom then slicing it vertical or chop into large chunks, or "steaks" that are even in size. Spread the chopped cauliflower on a baking pan.
Make the pesto
- In a blender add the basil, olive oil, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, garlic and 1 tablespoon of toasted almond slivers. Blend until slightly smooth for about 45 seconds.
Mix and roast
- Pour the pesto over the cauliflower leaving about ¼ cup for reserve.
- Add ¼ cup of toasted almond slivers and toss the cauliflower with your hands to coat evenly then spread it evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Use the reserve pesto to top the roasted cauliflower before serving and garnish with extra almond slivers. Serve warm.