Roasted Cauliflower with Almond Pesto tossed together in a fragrant topping with crunchy toasted almond slivers will be your new favorite side dish! It is plant based, nourishing and made with vegan gluten-free ingredients.
Can we all just agree that this recipe says “Hello Beautiful” all the way! Beautiful skin. Beautiful nutrients. Beautiful plant-based ingredients!
I love fresh pesto and I REALLY LOVE it combined with roasted cauliflower. The two married together is one of the most luxurious side dishes your lips will ever touch!
This is SUCH AN AMAZING side dish that you'll probably rave about for years to come- it is just that good!
Almond pesto roasted cauliflower will totally blow your mind! It's about just as savory and robust as these veggie burgers with special sauce, broccoli salad with grapes and pecans, or chana masala recipe because there are SO MANY BOLD flavors going on here, friends!
Maybe just have a few friends over and serve all four meals to your peps:-)
Gosh, feels like there have been so many vegan recipes on the blog lately – pretty much because we are just loving our fresh produce and vegetables!
Cauliflower is among one of my top favorite vegetables to cook with, and I especially LOVE roasting cauliflower! Cauliflower is delicious, crunchy, and packed full of nutty flavors. It is versatile too! What other vegetable can easily be turned in cauliflower pizza crust, cauliflower rice fritters or tossed in burritos in place of rice? Why hello yumminess!
This easy sheet pan meal of roasted almond pesto cauliflower takes little time and makes the most savory side dish! Seriously, make it and serve it to guests (and yourself) and you will feel like you are dining at a fancy restaurant!
This past October hubs and I went out to dinner for our (36th) birthdays (yep, we are 5 days apart!) to check out a new seafood restaurant. Total fans and they served a cauliflower almond pesto side dish to die for! I think hubs got a lobster ravioli and ordered grilled halibut as the main entree. But this side dish was so unbelievably delicious that I had to replicate it for us at home!
Ya know, to show hubs he's got a golden wifey who makes lots of awesome meals for him… ALOT.
So here it is… the details:
How to roast almond pesto cauliflower:
This roasted cauliflower recipe uses a whole head of cauliflower then cut it into slices or “steaks” Once it is sliced mix it with homemade pesto sauce. I like to use this kale pesto recipe or a basic basil pesto sauce without the dairy, cheese or pine nuts. In place I like to add toasted almonds for a nutty crunchy texture on top. Roast it at 400 degrees for 35 minutes to pure perfection!
A robust (yes I can't stop using that word to describe this recipe!), bold, nutty and chalk full of flavors Roasted Almond Pesto Cauliflower dish! Super fantastic as a side dish, served with other roasted vegetables or even tossed into a cauliflower pasta recipe served over gluten free noodles.
Seriously you have to try this Almond Pesto Cauliflower (or roasted cauliflower) recipe and I promise you will not be disappointed! It is flavorful, filling, nutritious, crunchy and meets all textures your pallet will swoon over! Even my 3 year old loves it!
Almond Pesto Cauliflower (Paleo Whole30)
- 1 cauliflower head
- 2 cups of fresh Italian sweet basil leaves packed
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon + 1/4 cup toasted almond slivers
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F. Slice the cauliflower by removing the bottom then slicing it vertical or chop into large chunks. Spread the chopped cauliflower on a baking pan.
- Make the pesto:
- In a blender add the basil, olive oil, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, garlic and 1 Tablespoon of toasted almond slivers. Blend until slightly smooth for about 45 seconds.
- Pour the pesto over the cauliflower leaving about 1/4 cup for reserve. Add 1/4 cup of toasted almond slivers and toss the cauliflower with your hands to coat evenly then spread it evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Use the reserve pesto to top the roasted cauliflower before serving and garnish with extra almond slivers. Serve warm.
Pin This Almond Pesto Cauliflower Recipe!
What are your favorite ways to eat cauliflower? Have you tried them roasted yet?