Enjoy this refreshing cucumber water recipe infused with fresh orange slices, mint and lime to increase hydration, absorption of immunity boosting vitamin C, and to achieve a vibrant complexion! Orange cucumber lime water is easy to make and sip all day!
Drinking cucumbers mixed with lime water is a wonderful way to increase hydration, and is one of our favorite detox water drinks- kids included! It is so light and refreshing and there are many twisty turns and variations to make it. And it happens to be a favorite water recipe for many along with an apple cider vinegar drink and this cucumber lemon mint water. The flavor of cucumber in a drink (cocktails included there) is simply divine and makes water and beverages taste fabulous! Not to mention cucumbers are wonderfully low calorie and make a gorgeous cucumber appetizer with feta cheese.
How to make cucumber water
The main ingredient (of course) is a cucumber and fresh filtered drinking water. So what kind of cucumber (Cucumis sativus plant) is best to use in an infused water recipe? Any type of cucumber will work! Try using a English cucumber, Japanese cucumbers, regular cucumbers, lemon cucumbers, and/or Persian cucumbers. To make this beverage really pretty, dice it in angles or peel it into ribbons – which happen to be our beloved way to eat cucumbers in this drink at the end of polishing off a fresh glass.
Related: Dill Pesto Cucumber Noodle Bowls
If you are able to grow your own cucumbers (you can learn how to here) in your garden, kudos to you! We used to grow our own, and one day will again. They are fabulous fresh off the vine plus you can enjoy them organic without pesticides and sprays!
STEP 1: Dice one whole English cucumber or use a vegetable peeler to cut it into ribbons.
STEP 2: Fill a pitcher with 6 cups of water and add the entire prepared cucumber to a large pitcher of water.
STEP 3: Add a few sprigs of fresh mint leaves and citrus fruit such as orange slices, lemon slices, and lime slices. For this recipe I use 1 navel orange and 1 lime. If you want, you can also try this cucumber lemon water recipe.
STEP 4: Let the pitcher set for 1-3 hours to soak in the flavors. The longer the water recipe sets, the more delicious it will taste. Right before serving, top the rest of the pitcher with ice cubes and serve cold.
As an additional option, add other fresh fruit such as watermelon, strawberries, blueberries and cantaloupe in place or along with the citrus fruit. For cucumber water just use the ratio of 1 whole English cucumber to 6-8 ounces of water.
Citrus Orange, mint and cucumber water benefits
The benefits of drinking cucumber soaked in water are astounding. Let’s first break it down with the ingredients.
- Cucumber helps with bones, cardiovascular health, depression, reduce inflammation, diabetes, autoimmune conditions, promote glowing skin, and is full of antioxidants to help ward away and fight cancer [source].
- Oranges and limes are a wonderful source for preventing health concerns such as cardiovascular disease and cancer. They contain high amounts of fiber and vitamin C, calcium, potassium, folate and vitamin A.
- Mint is essential for aiding and supporting digestion and helps to also settle an upset belly.
The ingredients themselves are so healthy as a whole, so make sure when you finish this delicious drink that you eat the produce also to maximize the health benefits!
Cucumbers and weight loss
Cucumber directly helps to hydrate the body when eaten as the vegetable is made up of mostly water and fiber itself to flush out and cleanse the system. This helps push toxins from the body and clean up the liver. Adding cucumbers to water activates digestion through hydration of the body and simply tastes much more flavorful than plain water in my opinion. Drinking it can help with weight loss as a great substitute for sugary drinks, and it is much lower in calories.
More Detoxing and Water Recipes:
- 4 Detox Water Recipes for Weight Loss and Body Cleanse
- Lemon Water Drink & Benefits
- Lemon Cucumber Mint Detox Water
- 9 Detox Kitchen Hacks That Work
- Fruit Infused Detox Water Recipes
- Green Smoothie Recipe
Cucumber Water with Orange, Mint and Lime
- 6 cups filtered water
- 1 English cucumber cut into ribbons or slices
- 1 naval orange cut into slices
- 1 lime cut into slices
- 8 mint leaves large
- In a large pitcher add the water, cucumber, orange, lime and mint. Let set for 1-3 hours. The longer it sets the more flavorful it is.
- Right before serving fill the remaining room of the pitcher with ice and serve chilled.