This chlorella detox smoothie is bursting with delicious tropical flavors in a vibrant green color that is packed with superfoods, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that detoxify the body from the inside out!
Best Chlorella Detox Smoothie
Chlorella is known as ‘Nature’s Super Food’ and for good reason! This recipe blends it together with greens and fruit to create one of the most powerful green detox smoothies nature offers. This smoothie is so tasty and refreshing and a wonderful way to get your greens in your diet each day!
Enjoy this smoothie recipe any time of the day, especially first thing in the morning for breakfast or an energizing and uplifting afternoon snack.
What is chlorella
Chlorella is a blue-green algae powder packed with nutrients that can help maximize energy, detox the body, boost the immune system, and fight fatigue.
I know I can always use that, how about you? It also contains all 9 essential amino acids (organic compounds that join together to form proteins), which are the building blocks of life and our cells – making chlorella known as a broken cell wall algae.
Related Topic: Green Detox Juice for Weight Loss
Benefits of Chlorella
The benefits of chlorella are astounding resulting in a better, healthier you to tap into your true abilities, faster. Here is why every one should be taking chlorella powder every day.
1. It binds to heavy metals in the body, aiding to flush away toxins and detox the body.
2. Chlorella is packed with 50-60% protein, which is amino acids.
3. The green algae is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C to help fight free radicals and boost the immune system.
4. May help lower cholesterol thanks to it containing fiber, B vitamins and antioxidants.
5. Has been known to support healthy blood sugar levels. [source]
6. Chlorella has anti-inflammatory effects and may reduce inflammation and asthma.
Chlorella can make you feel amazing by flushing away toxins from your body and boosting energy to new levels! Use it in this detox smoothie to enhance healing benefits.
Chlorella Detox Smoothie: Ingredients
• Greens such as kale or spinach leaves – support a healthy body as they are rich in iron, proteins and calcium.
• Pineapple – which is rich in vitamin c and helps absorb iron from Chlorella and leafy greens.
• Banana – makes this detox smoothie rich and creamy and adds potassium which helps to hydrate the body.
• Ginger – is an optional ingredient and only a small amount is added. It is wonderful to support digestion.
• Coconut water – is rich in potassium for hydration regulating a healthy heart rate.
• Chlorella – which is the superpower of this green smoothie recipe. It is the powerhouse of detoxing and rebuilding cells in the body.
Related Topic: Detox Beet Juice Recipe
Feel free to add in even more nutrition. Here are some suggestions:
• Chia seeds
• Flax seeds
• Hemp seeds (or hearts)
• Pea protein
• Bee pollen
Once you have the base ingredients on how to make a smoothie, you can start adding in your own add-ins. This chlorella detox smoothie has 6 ingredients and then you can always add 1 tablespoon of any or each of these add-ins before blending.
You can find chlorella in capsules, tablet, and powder form. I suggest taking the capsules (I use my own brand from our sister website, Delightful Mom Health, which you can find here) every day. Then I suggest opening the capsules and pour out the powder into smoothies on the days you want a delicious greens chlorella detox smoothie. For this recipe I used two chlorella capsules which equals ½ teaspoon.
More Easy Healthy Recipes
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Cranberry Smoothie Bowls
- Green Smoothie Recipe
- Green Machine Juice (Detox Drink)
- Healthy Snacks Party Platter for Kids
- Fennel Apple Salad
- 4 Detox Water Recipes for Weight Loss
- Citrus Salsa
- Wellness Shot for Immunity Healthy
- Detox Salad
Chlorella Detox Smoothie
- 1 cup kale or spinach stems removed
- ½ banana frozen
- ¾ cup pineapple chunks frozen
- ½ inch fresh ginger skin peeled off (this ingredient optional)
- ½ teaspoon chlorella powder or the powder from 2 capsules
- ¾ cup coconut water
- In a high powered blender add the greens, banana, pineapple, ginger (optional), chlorella, and coconut water. Blend until smooth.